Chapter 11- How to plan a successful kidnap under a minute

"I just wanted to have a word with Missy."

Aithan Alistair entered the room, interrupting. Dressed in a fine black suit,he looked like a pile of gold in a dumpster inside that small,shoddy room. He carried in a heavy metal tray,heavy with a jug of water, a small bowl of porridge, and some fruit. After settling it on the table, he bowed deeply.

River was completely caught off guard.

"M'lady," he said,still bowing, "there is no excuse for this rudeness on our part."

He pressed his lips together, his jaw tightening. Even his stolid face was dusted with a shamful shade of pink. River almost blurted out "it's okay" before realizing no, this was, in fact, not okay.

"Rise,please," River croaked. However distressing everything was, he couldn't stand the sight of this proud, giant man bowing so pitifully.

"Is there something you want, M'lady?" He questioned.

Yes, to leave.

"Water "

Aithan turned to the tray, swatted away Raven's stealthy paw that was grabbing at Softberries, and poured water into a small cup.

"Untie her."

"Nope." Raven threw a plump berry in the air and caught it in his mouth. "She will run away."

No shit,detective.

Aithan glared. "Her highness can't eat or drink like this. Untie her."

Another berry went up in the air. "I will. I will. After she listens to what I have to say,

Aithan looked like he wanted to smash Raven's head in with the tray. But he silently walked over and held the cup to River's lips.

"Excuse me," he muttered.

River chugged down the entire cup and asked for another, which was promptly given to him. He felt much better and was clear-headed now. Looking down at himself, he almost fainted.

His blue dress had omnious dark red stains all over it. His sleeves and front were covered in red. Blood? No, it did not smell like blood. It had not darkned like blood.

"I think you owe me an explanation," he glared daggers at the Southern King, trying to make himself seem bigger than he felt.

Raven narrowed his eyes at him. For a moment, it looked like he was going to deny it. In the end, he shrugged and stuffed his cheeks with a handful of berries.

"Ask away," he garbled with his mouth full.

"What happened at the banquet? I can't remember anything," River inquired. "How did you?"

"Aaaaaaaa!" Raven interrupted him,rather rudely. "That was a fucking breez."

"I never thought I'd run in to you," Raven tilted his head to the side,appearing rather bored. "I only wanted to show my face, slug as much free booze as I could hold, and fuck off."

River glared. "You know me?""

Raven dramatically pointed an index finger up.

"Southern God?"" River raised a brow.

"Well, I was going to start from the fucking beginning," Raven said, rolling his eyes. "Anyhow, I had like five fucking seconds to think of a way to get you out of there.Then the old fart wanted to toast: "

"Language" Aithan interfered.

"'mkay, 'his majesty' or whatever the fuck you call the man," he waved a hand dismissively .