Wesown Avalanche

This chapter contains description of domestic violence . If such topics are triggering for you skip to next chapter! Take care of your brain chemistry !

"You seem distracted "

River snapped out of his thoughts to look at Einar. It had been two days since the night River discovered  his divine essence was gone. Today, he was accompanying his master down the mountain on a visit to his ancestral hall.

"It's nothing" he smiled "Just a lot on my mind "

Einar giggled "A girl?"

"What? No!" River laughed awkwardly.

"A boy ?"

What am I ? A maiden?!

River shook his head and gladly ,Einar did not push the subject.

River thought long and hard for past two days .What could have possibly caused this? When did this happen?

Last time he used  the power of his devine essence was..when he spied on Wolfram using the charmed ring . Since he woke up at Linchet ,he refrained from using it ,to keep his identity a secret from the Schulz.

How could  he not notice something like his connection to divinity gone ? What could even damage it? The scrap metal? But Wolfram was fine . But Raven and Aithan was not affected by its curse like he was. So River came to the conclusion that coming to close contact with it  must have caused this disaster.

"Sweet West god ! Whats that noice ?!"

River too heard it. It was the earsplitting noice of glass being shattered . They held their breath and listened ,frozen on their tracks .

Shrill voice of a woman yelling followed . Einar and River glanced at each other in confusion. Where are the gaurds? Did two maids got in to an argument ?

Somewhere in the distance ,a child started bawling .

Emby!!

"Go !"

River did not need to be said twice . He had already taken off in the direction of the commotion.

River ran , his heart thundering in his ears. Emby had never cried this loudly . Did someone break in ? Who could break in to  the home of Kaizer Schulz? Where were Onyx and Obsy?

River took a sharp turn and realized the clamour was coming from Kaizer's office. The door was wide  opened and the gaurd was nowhere in sight. River hurried over .

A glass water pitcher came flying at him ,whizzed past his ear and shattered on the wall behind him.

What the-

"YOUR HEART IS A BLOCK OF ICE !!  YOU HEARTLESS ,UNFEELING MAN!"

What greeted was the sight of Narin bloody screaming at her husband. Her red lip was smudged  , rouge lining her eyes running down her cheeks with tears like two bloody trails. Her satin gown was slipping off her shoulder but she did not seemed to notice. Narin's hair had come undone from her braid aswell.

Looks like what broke in was their marital issues.

"HOW DARE YOU !!! " Narin threw a fat book at Kaizer ,who let it hit him square on the chest "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO ME! HOW DARE YOU ! "

Kaizer stood behind his desk, like he was seeking protection from the feral woman . There was a very obvious, bright red hand print on his cheek. Blood dripped down the side of his pale neck in to his collar from where Narin had scratched him. 

River made a mental note to never marry.

Emby was bawling his eyes out in a corner. Fat tears rolled down his reddened cheeks and he sobbed pathetically.