North strikes ,again

"I remembered. Sit down. We need to fucking talk."

River pushed back a chair and made himself comfortable for what seemed to be a tedious discussion. Raven sank into the plush, regal-looking seat across the table with a grunt.

"Would you like some fucking tea?" He offered, rubbing the heel of his palm on his eye.

River watched him as he scanned the tabletop, which was overflowing with parchment scrolls and thick account books. The crease between his brows deepened with each passing second.

"I swear the fucking teapot was here literally seconds ago," he said, scratching his head.

River looked at the shattered pot on the floor, lying in a pool of fragrant tea. Feeling an oncoming headache,he sighed.

"No,thank you. What is it my lord wishes to know?"

"What happened while you were staying at Wesown?" Raven inquired, his voice stern.

River thought back to the past month; he had made a friend, found a master, almost became a sacrifice, and escaped. Nothing much.

He narrated the events as diplomatically as he could, deliberately leaving out the part where Kaizer Schulz made him march across the kingdom for two days and send three bloodthirsty beasts after his throat.

He also explained how Wolfram had decieved him in to thinking that he was abandoned and how he had taken away River's divine essence ,making it impossible for him to call for help . He watered down everything happened from that point on ,just to make sure that Raven doesnt pick a fight with Wolfram .

By the end of it,Raven Alistair's face had gone red, and he was grinding on his teeth, loud enough for River to hear across the table.

"You give me the word, and I will fucking throw that mongrel into the ocean this second." He fisted a scroll ,his one eye glinting murderously in sunlight.

River shook his head. "Wolfy apologized."

Raven jumped a perfectly arched brow. "Wolfy, and his dog-fucked brother tried to kill you."

River grimaced at how he spat the name like it was the most offensive profanity in Raven's vocabulary. "It is all in the past now, my lord."

"It literally happened this fucking morning," Raven glared at him. "If we had taken time to button our pants, you would be pushing up daisies about right now."

"How did my lord-"

"Aaaaaaa," Raven interrupted him, "details, fucking details."

This had been the second time he had been evasive about this topic. But River decided not to push it.

"So you don't have the metal?" Raven tapped his chin. "I don't; the blonde bimbo doesn't, because that bitch threatened to wage fucking war on me if I didn't return it."

His lips curled up into a humorless smile. "That only leaves your lover-boy ;Wolfy."

"I dont suspect Wolf..ram has it, My Lord," River objected, "His actions are contradicting that theory."

"You are too fucking trusting," Raven slapped the tabletop, making River jump in his seat. "You let your gaurd down too fucking easily and run head first into shit. Look how many times it almost got you killed!"

"I'm willing to give Wolfy another chance," River replied, holding his ground.

"How can you be so fucking forgiving?" Raven huffed.

"A wise man said to me not to waste my life on revenge."

"Well fuck him and his ancestors ,he doesnt know shit" Raven rolled his eyes. "Honestly , you should have at least punched him in the throat for what he did."