Chambers and Secrets

Despite Western king asking them return before dark, it was past dinner time when River and Einar got back to Castle of Calamis .

Einar furrowed his brows at River ,who was dragging his feet behind him, looking very spaced out .

"Are you good ,deciple ?" He questioned , visibly worried . "Did I tire you out? Im sorry "

" huh? Chicken !" River smiled .

"..."

"Sorry , I thought you asked me what's for dinner , What was it ?" River apologized.

"Never mind " Einar waved his hand dismissively "Get some rest "

They plodded down the dim-lit hallway for a while before Einar came to an abrupt halt.

"Why are his lights on?"

Kaizer's office , which should technically be shut down for being a danger zone ,had a soft glow of a lamp flooding out of its opened doors. It casted eerie shadows on the walls, sending chills down River's body.
The gaurd was gone too,amplifying the silence that hung thick in the corridors .

Einar cautiously advanced towards the doors, two hounds and River in tow . The anxious whimpers of the beasts echoed through the stillness ,like they could sense some impending disaster.

River held his breath , the steady thump -thump of his heart pounding awefully loud in his ear. He grabbed Einar's sleeve ,shamelessly taking cover behind the man who could be easily blown away by wind.

There was an incoherent ,omnious mumblimg coming from inside the abandoned office ,making River's shirt drench instantly in cold sweat .

Its a ghost! It is a fucking ghost!

Einar extended a arm that could be broken by a three year old with a slightly stronger grip,as if to shield his deciple from whatever peril that awaited them .

Master!My admiration for you has skyrocketed!

Einar peeked in and yelped, which made River cry out in alarm.

"Kai! What are you doing !!"

The West King sat behind his desk ,cladded in his pristine white night gown, which made his paleness stand out even more. He was mumbling something to himself very incoherently ,like he was in a trance . The scene was so disturbing that River was certain -its going to haunt his nightmares for the indefinite future.

Good sir! Im going to need three life times to recover from this .!

Einar approached Kai and gently tapped on his shoulder , but earned no response from the younger man . He picked up a large pitcher ,which had been casted to a side by his friend and sniffed at its contents.

He made a face and shook it softly. Judging by the non existenant sloshing ,it had about three drops of the liquid left.

The West king kept slurring ,spewing nonsense . Despite his best efforts ,River couldnt figure out a single word.

Sir, are you even speaking the same language as rest of us ?

"Kai , you need to go to your room" Einar tapped his shoulder again . "You are drunk "

Drunk ?! Are you drunk -summoning a demon? Why cant you be drunk like a normal fucking person ?

"Einar"

"Yes,yes" Einar pinched his nose bridge,exasperated "Its Einar "

Kaizer stared at him ,mouth open and eyes wide ,like he was seeing ghost of West God .