North strikes back 2

"If it's not our darling General Huxley"

North's first general, Shu Huxley was the brother of Lucian Verlice by everything except blood. They grew up together, they rode to to every battle together. In fact North's military was informally known as Verlice -Huxley Force. They finally went from friends to family when Lucian Verlice took the hand of Mireya Huxley.

River had heard and read a lot about his step uncle , but had never met the man. General Huxley did not know of this nephew of his, despite hoiw close he was to Royal family.

"Lord Alistair" he growled "do not stand in my way "

Raven smiled sadistically , the way he does when he is really angry.

"Last time I checked, you are in my land, trying to abduct a person under my wing" Raven glared at him "how about an explanation , General?"

Explanation would be nice . River wanted to know why he was here too. It cant be that ..his father wanted him back? He sent his most trusted man to bring him back to Nor-

"He is a wanted man in North"

Right, head injury, almost forgot.

"Well , we are not in North now , are we? " Raven gestured around him. "Dont mind me asking , what crimes did he commit for North's first general to personally come and slug him?"

"My orders are to take him to Callidora, dead or alive" Huxley drew his sword once more . "You cant protect him"

"Whose orders? "

Huxely took a fighting stance "let's dual"

Raven's voice turned colder "whose orders?"

"Mireya Huxley , Her Majesty"

Well, Mireya Huxley wants him dead, just a normal Friday.

"Do you know exactly who you are hunting down?"

"No!" River shouted from his hideout.

"Who?" Huxley asked, confused.

"He said no" Raven drew his blade too.

There was a rustling coming from a nearby tree. River looked up to see Aithan Alistair perched on a branch,like a majestic eagle. He was glaring down at Huxley from above the rims of his glasses, amber eyes glimmering like hot embers. There was no telling how long he had been listening from up there.

River noticed that he was carrying a comically large bow. It was evident that no one else but this giant of South could carry it, let alone draw it. He made a movement, like he was nocking up an arrow. A faint golden glow lightened up his face , making him look very eerie and malicious. A golden arrow had materialized in his hands, in position on the bow, pointed at Shu Huxley's heart.

"The Whistler" Huxley breathed shakily.

There was a few seconds of tense silence .

The General abruptly moved his hand and there was loud sssshhhh noice. The next second , the whole area was covered in a thick white smoke.

River covered his nose with his sleeve, trying not to breath it in. Raven coughed violently from somewhere.

"River!" He called .

River flinched a little. No one had ever called his name before.

"Im over here,my lord"

Wind cleared the smoke quickly but Huxley had already vanished in to thin air. No matter how skilled he was as a general, at the end of the day , he was no match for two descendants of God. He cannot win in a close combat , it was certain death.