Werth Citadel

"It is here , alright" River closed the golden compass with a sharp clank!

Raven Alistair squinted his eye like the bright sun had personally offended him as he gazed upon the proud and tall Eastern castle of the Wedigoes;Werth Citadel.

The entire structure of the imposing castle was made from red  Sandote bricks , one of the sturdiest and strongest mineral found in all four kingdoms. Citadel was heavily guarded with soldiers who were armed to teeth. One troop of around thirty soldiers stood in attention before the gate at all times while another marched around the Citadel , keeping watch.

"Not even a fucking crow can fly above this thing without being shot down with an arrow" Raven commented "How on earth did that fucker ran away with the princess?"

That's something you would want to ask your fiancee .

They had departed at the break of dawn and rode out, following the compass. Just like they had assumed , it lead them to Werh Citadel.

After some asking around last night, they found out the increase of the taxes started around two and half months ago. The timelines matched up perfectly. Why else would Wendigoes collect gold in such a haste from around the Kingdom ,if not to contain the cursed scrap metals?

Whatever method they were using did not seemed to be very effective . River could feel the energy of it ,even from where he was standing ; a good few yards away from thick Sandote walls. The whole castle felt like it was radiating off negative energy, like a giant furnace.

"I have a plan" Raven folded his arms across his chest.

"I dont know what your plan is,My Lord" River replied flatly "but I strongly advice against it"

Raven's hands fell limply at his sides in dejection. "Here me out first , will ya?"

"Let's first find somewhere to stay" River suggested. "Then My Lord might want to send a missive to Saltstand tax office"

*          *            *            *             *           * 

"Are we clear on everything , My Lord?"

"No" Raven's muffled voice replied "but let's go with it "

He was laying face down on River's  bed , his face mushed against a pillow. It was after dinner on their second day since they visited Werth Citadel.
Tomorrow their preparations will be completed and they can finally set the wheels in to motion. They were going over their plan one last time, but Raven did not seem to take this seriously at all.

"There is a hundred precent chance that things would not go according to the plan" River sighed heavily "In which case , we will cross the..are you listening my lord?"

"Aaaaaaaa" Raven screamed against the pillow "I dont like this"

Life is tough kiddo, get a helmet.

River figured Raven's attention span had came to an end for the day and trying to explain things to him from this point on would be like talking to a brain damaged three year old.

"I believe it's time for My Lord to retire for the night " River got up from his seat.

"You are politely asking me to fuck off" Raven glared at him.

River silently gazed at him.

"And you are not denying it "Raven grumbled "what a meanie"

Look who's talking.

"Im not going, you cant fucking make me " he whined "your bed is waaaay comfier and smells better"

"If My Lord's room is not to his liking, Ill change it " River deadpanned.