Welcome to Frostgate

Frostgate.

Northern kingdom boasted four main regions. Callidora, the capital. A land of giant, towering mountain ranges, where the skies were bright, and the climate was mild. Queensend , the borderlands Northern kings snatched from the East during the Great War a millennium ago. The war spoil.It was the trading capital where merchandise thrived like nowhere else in the kingdom.

Vilest, the inlands. This was the home to acres upon acres of paddy fields and orchards. The agricultural hub that fed every mouth in the kingdom. As the old saying went "seize Vilset, and you shall have North."

Then you have Frostgate, the seaside chief city that nestled the harbor of North.

Widely known as the Esterhull Bay Harbor, this was strategically constructed in the bay of the coast, a natural shelter to Lucian Verlice's fleets from rough sea and storms, providing safe anchorage to vessels of all sizes.

Trade took place here at all hours of the day as ships from mainly West Salkow, Capital Sandgill and Saltstand docked, unloaded cargo and restocked their supplies  before going back in their respective routes. They bought silks, tea and maritime trade such as fishery and pearl harvestings from the South and took jewelery, spices and fur from North.

River disembarked from Clementine; feet unsteady from finally finding stable ground after a week spent on the ever-moving sea. He descended the gangplank alone, nearly crashing on to crew members scurrying past him. They were busy hoisting down large boxes from the ship, creating a massive commotion to River's dismay.

"Ay! Sista! "

River glanced around to find Chipper running towards him, waving. Behind him on the quay, the crew hustled and bustled to unload heavy wooden cargo in a steady queue. Though River caught the burly frame of Bones commanding dock workers to hurry up there was no sign of the Southern king or his brother.

"ay! How's ya shoulder?" Chipper chirped, gripping River's bony arm with his grimy fingers. It left a brown palm print on his crisp white shirt. Chipper awkwardly tried to dust it off but only managed to smudge it horrendously.

"It is okay now, thanks" River stepped back, not bothering to disguise his disgust.

" I heard the fancy peacock prince can heal people magically" Chipper scratched the side of his head making River cringe at the thought of lice infestation. Although he found the idea of Wolfram being a flamboyant peacock mildly amusing, he wanted to put this conversation to an end as soon as possible.

"That's correct" River nodded "I need-"

"Woah!" Chipper marveled, beady eyes ballooning to the size of saucers. "That's so stinking cool ay ?"

River sighed exasperated. He pinched his perfectly slanted nose bridge and listened to seagulls wheel and cry overhead, scavenging for scraps, adding to the clamour. He saw Julie Jagger throwing a stone at one rascal bird who was pulling at her locks.

"Captain should have asked him to fix his eye" Chipper cackled like he said something unbelievably funny.

Or his stupidity. Though I doubt it's curable.

"I really need to go- " River grimaced, trying to sound more apologetic than he felt.

"ay! good ol' times "his face fell, and he shook his head in melancholy "Good to catch up with the Captain again "

River graced the scrawny boy with a look of confusion. Raven Alistair knowing the crew of Clementine was news to him. "You know Alistair?"

Chipper returned the expression with knitted brows and narrowed eyes. He gave the mop of his tangled hair another hearty scratch "Who that?"