Then, I will kill for you 2

"Kaizer Schulz! Put that down right now !"

First thing River saw upon opening his eyes was Kaizer 's blanched face . His jaw was hanging open in a silent scream , gray eyes widened to the size of saucers . His hands trembled until  the blade slipped out of their grip and fell on the floor with an earsplitting clang.

Sir , Im the one who is dying ,why do you look more scared than me ?

River propped himself up on the altar to see who had barged in to see none other than Einar Ashford storming towards the West King .

And boy, he looked mad .

Two gaurds jumped in , blocking his way. They drew their swords on the unarmed man ,ready to attack at the first sign of hostility .

"Scram " Einar glared at them ,his sunken brown eyes gleaming murderously. There was not a hint of fear in them .

The soldiers did not budge. They clearly felt no threat from this frail man who weighed less than a sack of potatoes .

One of them dashed in , sword first at Einar.

River's heart dropped to the marble floor .He jumped off the altar , ready to rush in to help his master. But before he could take one step forward , Einar jabbed the gaurd square on the throat with his walking stick .

River sent a silent prayer ,feeling the blow in the jut of his own throat. 

The second soldier fell as quickly,  even before the first could finish coughing up blood . River missed where he was hit ,but judging by how his eyes were rolled back ..probably head trauma .

Einar panted , tired  from the exersion. River shuddered a little at the sight of him. It was not hard to imagine how formidable he could have been , if he was in good health.

Einar stomped towards the petrified king , faster than his exhausted body allowed him to. It was obvious the only thing that fuelled him right now was his uncontrollable anger.

He lurched forward and slapped the West King across the face. Oh , the sound filled the shrine ,that noise of skin, a cleaver working on meat . Kaizer's head snapped to the side , red blossoming on his pale skin .

If I get a coin everytime you got slapped ,I could  finally buy you a personality .

Silence rang in the hall ,only broken by Einar panting frantically .

"Kaizer ,what the fuck are you doing ?!" He growled and grabbed him by the collar .

"Lord Ashford " High Priestress interfered , trying to de- esclate the situation . "The ritual must n-"

"Did you think ," he grasped " that if you lock me up I won't know what you're up to ? "  Einar shook him "that I'll stay in my room like a sitting duck?!"

"Who let you out ?" Kaizer croaked .

"That would be me "

River turned to see Wolfram Schulz  casually strolling in to the shrine ,fanning himself in the face.  He was wearing a very disturbing smile , like he was holding back the urge to commit arson .

Kaizer dragged a palm down his face, looking exasperated "of course it was you"

"I dont like it when people go back on their words , brother" Wolfram closed his fan with a snap  " You know this "

River stood to the side , feeling rather awkward. Why did he always have to get dragged in to this family's drama ?

"This has to be done " Kaizer held Einar 's wrist and gently yanked his hands off his shirt .