Valor Verlice

trigger warning!!

Child neglect. Don't read if such sensitive topics upset you. take care of yourself!!

No seriously, this author wrote some really messed up things. Don't read it.

Also unedited.

"So, that's why you threw a hissy fit when I said we shouldn't go to North."

Raven brushed his hair back and clicked his tongue in annoyance. "You were scared shitless but still wanted to come because you knew there was a metal piece in Queensend"

River remained impassively silent as he followed the Southern King.

"Why though?" Raven questioned.

"Why what?"

Raven glanced at Valor, who was marching ahead. After making sure that he was out of their earshot, he stepped closer to River.

"What if they captured you at Seafort?" Raven's shoulder brushed against River's and the latter stepped away.

"And why are you trying so fucking hard to find them, even putting your life and freedom at risk?"

Raven moved in closer, yet again, eating up the distance between them. He was rocking the fragrance of wine as usual, smelling like he was marinating in it for the past decade.

In the early days of their rather odd alliance, River found the way he smelled quite offensive. Whenever Raven was in the same room as him, he would get an unbearable headache from the strong, sweet smell of aged Softberry.

It could be his personality that caused the headache, though.

Now, that he was used to his loudmouth, uncouth manners, and explosive anger, he found the scent that lingered on Raven's existence not so bad in comparison. Comforting even, at times.

"You have nothing to gain or lose, as you said." Raven probed.

"Because of you" River said, his toneless voice followed by a yawn. "I can't have you struck by lightning,"

He paused for a second. "yet"

Raven slowly blinked twice, as if he just heard a dog reciting holy scriptures.

"Even if we were attacked in Seafort, I knew you wouldn't let them take me."

River lethargically dragged his feet after Valor, oblivious to Raven's jaw that was hanging lose. "Not without a fight. And you don't lose in fights."

"I knew Missy loved me," Raven boasted, flashing a smug grin.

"I tolerate you," River deadpanned, with all the enthusiasm of a potato.

"Can you stop pestering Fuuko?" Valor called over his shoulder, throwing a disapproving glare at them. "Look how uncomfortable he is with you."

Raven scanned River's face with great interest for a while. "but isn't this his usual face?"

"I'm usually uncomfortable with you."

"Also, why do call him that?" Raven queried, ignoring River's remark.

Valor's pace slowed until he completely stopped in his tracks. He stood frozen for a couple of minutes, in deep thought.

"I..can't remember." Valor answered finally, shrugging. "That's what I've been calling him since time."

"Can I call you that too?" Raven bounced on his feet and River pushed down the urge to poke him in his one good eye.

"Besides everything," Valor sighed. "I'm indebted to you, Alistair."