chapter 24

i look at him.

"ew you look so sweaty"

"i did a warmup. sorry"

i smile.

"you think i'm mad for that?"

"i know i know you're mad because of another reason"

"i heard that you are so smiley here"

"i found out something"

"tell me"

"you still love me"

"what? i do not."

"you do. betty told me"

goddamn betty.

"leave me alone"

i go out of the room and walk to the ferrari garage. i see charles and he's really focused. like so focused. i pat him on the shoulder.

"hey deli"

"hey charlie. i have a small big problem"

"what?"

"i forgot my headphones at the hotel and i really need them to focus on what i need to say or do"

"i have an extra pair in my room"

"okay. thanks"

i go to his room and take the headphones. i put some music on and listen. this really helps me. shit shit it's time for the race. i go quickly to the mclaren garage.

"ready, koala?"

"ready as never to beat asses"

"that's the attitude i want"

he smiles and i explain to him what does he have to do. it's easy. max isn't even on top. he's p8. so we have big chances of winning. i'm worried for lando. wait no. no. i'm not. what the hell am i saying? the boys get into the cars and go to the start lane.

"radio check"

"it's good"

"just remember that max isn't an obstacle this race. only lewis, george and alonso. you've beaten him before. you can do it"

"okay captain delissa"

i laugh. they started to stream it at the tv programs all around the world. i look too. aww they showed me there. and even added my name and what i am. delissa leclerc. oscar piastri's strategist.

"piastri has a new strategist this year. we found out she's charles leclerc's youngest sister. he was good in quali. but will he be good enough to get podium?"

i'm sure he'll be. the race started.

"lando norris crashed"

my heart stops beating for one second. what? no. they showed his crash. ouch. that must have hurt.

"koala. lando crashed but don't worry he will be okay"

"just tell me if he is okay when you find out. oh. i just passed by his car. how many times did he rotate?"

"4 times"

"crazy"

i stop the radio. i go to zack.

"is lando alright?"

"you will find out in 2 seconds"