Go Your Own Way (S2)

- Later, at dawn -

You received a call on your phone, from Stacey. "Yellooo? Stace, wassup?"

"Hi Wyenn. Hey, do you have some free time?" Stacey asked. "I need a favor."

"Yeah, I'm free. What can I do for ya?" You asked.

"So, I'm with Ramona and I'm helping her with a delivery. At the Toronto Public Library." Stacey explained. "Could you be our escort? Don't ask. I just have a feeling we'll need you here."

"Girl intuition speaking to you? Okay, I'll be there ASAP." You responded.

"Great. Thanks, Wyenn." Stacey said, hanging up.

- At Toronto Public Library -

Ah, approximately 82 km of shelving, close to 2 million books, open Monday to Thursday at 10:00am to 8:00pm, Friday to Saturday at 10:00am to 5:00pm, and Sunday at 1:30pm to 5:00pm. Also, closed at Sundays adjacent to public holidays and May to Thanksgiving.

"Stacey. Ramona." You greeted as you entered the library, waving at the two girls.

"Oh, Wyenn, you're here. Perfect." Stacey waved back. "Let's get going."

"Right." You nodded, the three of you heading into the library.

"This place is unbelievable." Ramona said as she looked around the massive building, holding the package. "Total science fiction. Where am I supposed to deliver this thing?"

"Let's try the information desk, they're the first place people usually look." You suggested, pointing to the desk.

"Good call, escort. I'll lead the way." Stacey nodded, heading towards the information desk.

"I'm not sure how I feel about you calling me 'escort', but okay." You sighed, following her.

"Why did you invite Y/N to help us out, anyway?" Ramona asked. "Not that I mind them or anything, but why?"

"I have a weird feeling about today. Like, someone's gonna be here that may not have nice intentions." Stacey explained, which worried the two of you just a little.

"Whatever that is, I'll take care of it. Let's just focus on the main goal right now." You stated, the girls nodding as you three headed to the information desk.

Later, you managed to find said desk, and Ramona delivered the package. "Okay, great, we're all set!" She said as the three of you headed back out.

"You two wanna hang around a bit?" Stacey suggested.

"Sure, why not?" You shrugged. "The day is still young."

"Yeah... I can't stay too long, but I'm curious." Ramona replied.

"Okay. We have to go up in one of these ridiculous elevators. They're ridiculous." Stacey said, the redundancy making you chuckle. "Oh, I should turn off my cell phone..."

You felt Ramona elbow you to get your attention. "Huh? What?" You asked.

"Look up." Ramona pointed upward, and when you did, you saw a figure dropping down from a few floors up. "You're the escort. Time to protect us, buddy."

"Alright, then." You said, cracking your knuckles and unraveling your chain.

You began spinning it for it to gain some speed, covering it in neon, preparing to strike. Just then, you got a closer look at the figure. It had a scarf, a red hair highlight, and two knives. Knives... hey, wait a minute...

"Knives?!" You called out, surprised.

Seeing it was one of your friends, switched to the defensive and blocked the dual-bladed strike. Reluctantly, you stick Knives right back, pushing her back a little.