Fool in the Rain (S3)

It began to rain, and everyone ran for shelter. A few minutes later, it didn't seem like the rain wasn't stopping until morning.

"Sheesh. What now?" You sighed, leaning against a wall. "At this rate, we'll have to stay overnight in Lee's Palace. Rain's just not gonna let up anytime soon."

"Yeah... I don't think it's stopping anytime soon." Stephen agreed. "Wyenn, can't you do something?"

"Hm... Oh, actually, I can." You snapped your fingers and a portal to the Virtual World opened. "Sleepover at the VW, anyone?"

Everyone looked at each other, and nodded. Everyone except Kim, who said, "I'll see you guys at band practice." As she walked off into the rain.

"Wait." You ran over to her before she got too far, and put a hand on her shoulder. "You're... not staying over at the VW?"

"Or coming to the thing? The Honest Ed's thing?" Stephen added.

"Blow me." Kim deadpanned, flipping off the both of you. Or you thought, because it felt like it was directed more toward Stephen.

"I know this whole thing is pretty messy, but... you don't have to go out into the rain like that. As cool as that may look to others." You offered, worried. "Don't come to the face-off at Honest Ed's, sure. But... stay around. At least until the rain stops."

"Look, it's a lot of things, okay?" Kim sighed, turning to face you. "I don't wanna be next to the two lovebirds. I like my sleep uninterrupted."

"I'll just make you your own exclusive house. Me and the others can stay in a completely separate one, and you can sleep." You explained.

Kim paused. "You can do that?"

"It's the Virtual World. I can do anything there." You answered. "I promise you won't hear anybody swapping spit or making out. Or whatever it is you don't wanna hear."

"...Fine." Kim gave in. "But if I hear someone making out, I'm leaving, and that's final."

"Deal." You grinned, leading her into the portal.

Once Kim was in the VW, you waited for Ramona and Scott to follow before you closed the portal. "Uh... Do you want to get some food?" Scott asked Ramona.

"Not really." Ramona answered.

"Some pop or something? Soda pop?" Scott kept trying.

"Not... really. Let's just go inside the-" Ramona was interrupted.

"Pizza Pizza's right across the street and it's totally open." Scott told her, leading her to the pizza place regardless.

"Scott, she doesn't- Oh, forget it." You tried to call out, but ultimately gave up as you closed the portal for the time being and followed behind them.

- Inside Pizza Pizza -

"Hey, Scott and Wyenn!" Other Scott greeted.

"Scott, Ramona, and Wyenn! My favorite boy / girl couple and my favorite Conduit!" Wallace, who also happened to be there, greeted as well. "How's stuff?"

"Uh... fine. We were just at a show." Scott replied.

"What about you guys? Getting a bite after a night of clubbing?" You guessed.

"What gave it away?" Other Scott joked. "But yeah, we went clubbing, got drunk, had a great time. Who was playing on stage, anyway?"

You made a sizzling sound with your mouth, scratching your head nervously. "Oof... About that..."