Times Like These (S6)

- Four months after the bass-breaking incident -

"Any luck this time?" Wallace asked, peering over your shoulder.

You let out a defeated sigh, your shoulders slumping. "Nada. Zilch. Zippo. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack... if the haystack were the size of Texas."

Four months had crawled by since the infamous bass-breaking debacle, and Ramona might as well have vanished into thin air.

Scott remained in a perpetual funk, barely lifting a finger to search for her. So, you did what any good friend would do, and you relocated to his new apartment.

Though "moving in" was a generous term for your minimal presence. Mostly, you just shifted your base of operations for accessing the Virtual World.

"You can't just ignore him, Scott. You know you're gonna have to fight him eventually." Wallace, who was over, stated. "...or sleep with him."

"Muhhh." Scott groaned, sprawled on the couch like a forgotten potato, playing on his handheld console.

"Dude, he won't stop calling until you pick up." You pointed out.

"Or please, sleep with someone, Scott. You're getting very boring." Wallace chimed in, a mischievous glint in his eye. "It's boring to talk to you."

"And how exactly is scoring a one-night stand supposed to magically solve everything?" You interjected, arms crossed in disbelief.

"I'm enjoying the quiet life, Wallace. I don't need to have fun to have a good time." Scott mumbled, eyes still glued to the screen.

"Go have sex with someone right now, then come back and we can talk about that." Wallace suggested with a smirk.

"What's the deal with you and sex? We're trying to fix a problem, not forget about it even if for a little while." You scolded.

"Yeah, and for the record, I don't want sex! Not everything is about sex!" Scott protested.

"You need to move on, Scott. Some hot douchey guy stole your girlfriend. Forget her. Get over it. I'm over it." Wallace declared with the conviction of a preacher at a revival.

"You're not the one who shared intimate moments with Ramona, Wallace." You shot back, crossing your arms in defiance. "And neither am I, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on finding her."

"Besides, we don't know he stole her. She just... hasn't come back! Yet." Scott interjected, his voice tinged with a glimmer of hope.

"Over it." Wallace insisted, a stubborn set to his jaw.

"On that note, I can confirm she's definitely gone. Vanished into thin air. I've scoured every nook and cranny, and nothing." You shrugged, resigned to the unfortunate reality.

"Anyway, I have moved on! Look at this brand new gaming device Young Neil gave me! It's like the hottest, newest, hottest thing!" Scott exclaimed, proudly displaying the device, only to be met with Wallace's incredulous stare. "What? He gave it to me. Young Neil. He's nice."

"He gave it to you." Wallace raised an eyebrow.

"...For $200." Scott admitted sheepishly.

"That I paid for. At least, half of it." You sighed, shaking your head.

"So, I was going to do you a favor and make dinner, but it appears that all you have in the house is ramen and cereal." Wallace observed, surveying the barren shelves with mock disappointment.

"...the economy..." Scott muttered, as if the state of the kitchen was some profound commentary on global finance.

"Anyway, let's go out! Chicken wings. I'll hook you up. We'll go to Hooters, it's your favorite!" Wallace proposed.