Heartbeat (S6)

- So that happened -

Anyway, the next day, around 2:30 pm, at Scott's house...

- RING RING -

"Y/N," Scott mumbled, roused from his nap by the insistent ringing.

"On it." You replied, snagging the phone before it could disturb Scott's sleep. "Hello?"

- Soonish -

"You can buy me a coffee." Envy declared with a mischievous glint in her eye, her tone leaving no room for argument.

"Envy?" Scott's voice rang out in surprise, his eyes widening as he took in the unexpected sight before him.

"How have you two been?" Envy inquired casually, as if last night's events were nothing more than a fleeting memory.

"Uh, pardon me for interrupting, but are we just gonna gloss over what went down last night? Like, no discussion whatsoever?" You interjected, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

"Oh, that? I'd say I did your band a solid favor by giving you a massive popularity boost." Envy dismissed with a wave of her hand, as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

"By planting a kiss on me?" You blurted out, feeling a flush creeping up your cheeks at the memory.

"You're welcome," Envy retorted with a self-satisfied smirk, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Now, about that anonymous email promising intel on the Chaos Theatre..."

"Wait, that was you?!" You exclaimed in disbelief, your mind reeling at the revelation. "You tricked me into showing up, only to use it as a publicity stunt?"

"Well, I did intend to share some insights with you, but when I saw the opportunity to give your band a little boost, I couldn't resist." Envy admitted with a nonchalant shrug, as if it were all perfectly justified.

"I suppose it's the thought that counts." You muttered, a hint of skepticism coloring your tone as you rubbed the back of your neck. "But let's shift gears. What's the big news?"

"Right. I'll be playing a show on the Chaos Theatre's opening night. But Y/N... I need you to have my back." Envy declared, her tone growing solemn.

"Huh? Me? Why?" You questioned, perplexed. "And what exactly for?"

"One, because you saved me that one time, and for that, I trust you. Two, I'm a rock star, and it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever get attacked. I've seen what you can do, and you've got power." Envy explained matter-of-factly.

"Hmm... Good point. Count me in." You agreed after a moment's consideration, nodding in affirmation.

"Good. Now, you'll need this." Envy said, slipping a mysterious bracelet onto your wrist.

"What's this for?" You inquired, examining the unfamiliar accessory.

"It's the ultimate backstage pass to the Chaos Theatre. With this, you can go anywhere, no questions asked. I need to ensure you're keeping an eye on me, and that's it." Envy clarified, her gaze unwavering.

"Fair enough. I'll do my best. You can trust me," you reassured her, a sense of determination creeping into your voice.

"Okay, what's the catch?" Scott finally chimed in, suspicion lacing his words. "A scheme to trap Y/N?"

"You're making me out to be some kind of villainess. We were practically kids when we dated, Scott, and it's not like you were some Paragon of Virtue." Envy retorted, a hint of irritation creeping into her voice.