"You told him what?"

Akaza and Y/N were sitting at the kitchen table across from one another. She had just finished explaining everything that happened with Rengoku, and he was not impressed.

Y/N looked down in shame and nervously started picking on the skin around her nails.

"I told him how I got here..and all..I didn't mention you and Douma, however..But still, I'm very sorry."

Akaza sighed and rubbed his temples. He was extremely worried; out of anyone she could have ran into, she ran into a Hashira.

Could this night get any worse?

Getting angry with her wouldn't do him any good, and at the end of the day, he was just glad that Y/N was okay.

"It's alright. People do crazy stuff out of pure desperation. You did what you thought was best and regret it. You are only human after all.."

"Don't put the blame on me.." Quoting that song made her feel better.

"I'm not sure if his crow saw me..but I think I should move for a little while just in case, or lay really low."

Akaza didn't like the sound of that. He furrowed his eyebrows and rested his chin on his hand, staring at her intently.

"I can find you another cottage, or even a house, to stay at..It's not a problem..but I don't think it's that serious."

"I don't know..I don't even want to move..God, why was I so stupid? For fuck sakes.."

He reached out across the table and patted her head gently, attempting to comfort her. "It's going to be alright. For now, we will lay low. I'll look for other housing options just in case."

She covered her face with her palms and slid down her chair. Regret barely even covered what the poor girl felt at that moment.

There went her outings at the village privileges.

.
.
.

The rest of the night passed with Akaza getting all of Y/N's attention, and he was living for it. How he loved when he didn't have to share her with Douma.

The two talked for hours and even played some board games. She even drew him! The more time Akaza was spending with the human girl, the more he felt weird.

What is this feeling?

"See ya tomorrow, Kaz! You should stay the night someday. We could have a sleepover!"

He blushed, but tired to play it off like it was nothing. "Sure."

The two bid their goodbyes and went their separate ways.

After he left, Y/N decided it would be best if she got some rest. She had a long day and night, so she was in a desperate need of a 7-hour nap.

She laid down on her futon and fell asleep pretty quickly. Exhausted from all the walking and running she did today.

.
.
.
.
.

A few days had passed since the little Hahiras incident, and so far, Akaza and Douma stated that they didn't see any demon slayers in or near the forest.