二十六

When the two white-haired girls announced that the master had arrived, everyone scrambled to get into their original positions and bowed.

"Welcome, my dear demon slayers."

Ubuyashiki greeted everyone with a warm smile. His two daughters held his hands and helped him walk. Once he got to the edge of the Egawa (I hope that's the name of it), with the help of his daughters, he got on his knees and sat down.

"Good evening, everyone. It feels like a beautiful night. It makes me very happy that we can hold another meeting, especially with these unique circumstances."

To Y/N's left was the box, and to her right was Tengen. She was positioned directly in front of the headmaster. Before Y/N could even begin to speak, Sanemi cut her off.

"Master, as always, I pray for your happiness and health." Sanemi furrowed his nonexistent eyebrows and looked up at his master. The words couldn't describe the hatred he felt towards Y/N and the three former Upper Moons.

"Thank you, Sanemi."

"I'm sorry, but would you be so kind as to explain to us the reason why this meeting is even being held? I see no good coming out from this."

"Yes, my apologies for being so insisted about the meeting being held. I accepted the former Upper Rank One, Two and Three. I wish for everyone else to do the same."

The Hashira were shocked. 'Former' Upper Ranks? Chaos soon followed.

"What does this mean?! Former in what way?!" Rengoku sounded almost excited. If this was true, then there was still hope in beating the demon king.

"They betrayed Kibutsuji?!" Tengen smiled and looked over at the nervous-looking Y/N. He grabbed her by the shoulders and then shook her back and forth. "How did you do it, woman?! Very flashly, by the way!"

"ʰᵉˡᵖ.."

"How is that even possible?!" Obanai almost fell off of the tree.

"I don't accept it, even if they betrayed Kibutsuji. What makes us so sure they won't betray us as well? Please, punish both L/N and the three 'former' Upper Ranks." The Wind Hashira gritted his teeth.

Low growls came from the box once more. Y/N tapped on it a few times, and they stopped.

"The demons are still hostile!"

"I agree with Sanemi." Shinobu, who was quited for the majority of the meeting, chimed in.

"Even if master requests it, I can not agree. Sanemi has a good point." Gyomei soon followed after them and agreed with the two. Although he was a lot less hostile than the Insect and Wind Hashira.

Tomioka was quiet once more. He was having a battle in his mind about this situation. He could barely wrap his head around it.

"Kya! That's so cool, Y/N! I accept her, master!" Mitsuri had hears floating around her.

"I don't care..I'll forget it tomorrow, anyway." Muichiro, just like on the last meeting, wasn't interested.

Ubuyashiki did the 'shh shh' magic again. His smile never once dropped, his voice calming and comforting. "I understand your concerns, but the former Upper Ranks will not be able to contact Kibutsuji anymore, and they stopped eating humans as well."

"So what if they stopped? That doesn't mean anything! They will kill someone anyway. It's in their nature to thirst for blood!"

Y/N knew what was about to happen again, and this time, she wasn't going to do anything about it. She allowed Sanemi to walk over to the box, and once he was in front of it, he stabbed it.