四十三

At a house with Wisteria flowers in its crest, members of the Demon Slayer Corps receive assistance at no charge.

"Once in the entertainment district, I'll gather information on the demon while you keep your eyes open for women that I can marry."

Tengen's plan struck the nerve of a certain yellow-orange-haired boy who didn't seem pleased with the plan at all.

With Tanjiro sipping his tea and Y/N and Inosuke stuffing their cheeks with food, Zenitsu's forehead was covered in several irk marks.

"That's absurd!"

Zenitsu shouted at Tengen, which agitated the Hashira immediately. "Huh?"

"Stop messing around! The Demon Slayer Corps isn't a matchmaking service!"

"I know damn well he ain't the one to talk." Y/N's whole focus was now on them. Wiping her mouth, she turned her attention back to the two idiots.

"Huh? Listen, you're wrong—" Tengen tried to fix the misunderstanding, but Zenitsu cut him off abruptly.

"No! You listen to me! I get that a weirdo like you must have a lot of trouble with the ladies..but..don't use members of the Corps to find a wife!"

"You idiot! My wives snuck into this entertainment district and have been gathering information about the demons here! I'm going in because their communication suddenly stopped!"

While Tanjiro tried to calm Zenitsu down a little, Y/N had a look of concern on her face. Although she hasn't yet met the wives of the Sound Hashira, it was obvious from Tengen's description of them how much he cared for them.

"Is that the weird fantasy you tell yourself?"

"You snot-nosed brat!" Tengen picked up the letters and hurled them so hard at Zenitsu that the boy was knocked over.

WHACK.

"GYAAH!"

"Here! There are letters they sent by crow!"

Y/N and Tanjiro began to pick up the letters and go through them. Inosuke was too busy eating to help them.

"So many! She must write very quickly." Tanjiro was impressed by the number of letters.

"Dolt—"

Tengen was interrupted by Y/N, who corrected Tanjiro in a more gentle manner.

"He has three wives, TanTan."

"Oh."

"Three..wives..? Th-Three?! Y-You?!"

Zenitsu clenched his jaw and then let out a wide-eyed scream at Tengen. "How can you have three wives?! Gimme a break!"

WHAM.

Tengen punched him in the stomach, instantly shutting him up.