二十九

Training sucked.

Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke were forced outside to train by Aoi. Meanwhile, Y/N was sitting on a tree and watching them from afar, silently laughing at their suffering.

The three boys were doing a lot better than the first time they got here. It was always great to see improvement.

She was informed by her crow that she would be free from missions for a few days, which was nice but also boring. Y/N didn't know what to do with all that free time, but fortunately for her, it looked like her crow had the answer.

"Caw! You have been invited to spar with the Hashira! Caw! Hashira sparring! Caw! Training grounds! Caw! Follow me!"

"Oh shit..Do I have to go?" Y/N wasn't exactly excited with those news.

She loved sparring with people, but the Hashira already didn't really like her. Butting in where she wasn't wanted was something she wasn't going to do.

"Master's request! Caw! Follow me!"

"Oh god.."

Now she couldn't refuse.

With a heavy sigh, Y/N jumped down from the tree and headed in the direction that her crow was leading her in.

It took her only 15 minutes to get to the training grounds, and when she did, she noticed that everyone had their attention on the current sparring match that was happening.

Mitsuri vs. Tengen.

The fight didn't last long, and Tengen won at the end. Mitsuri looked disappointed, but her face brightened as soon as she noticed Y/N.

"Hi, Y/N-chan! Did you come to spar with us?" She ran over to Y/N and gave her a bone-crushing hug.

"H-Hi Kanroji! Yep, I was requested to join you guys by master. Y-You put up quite the fight." She wheezed as the air from her lungs was squeezed out ftom her hug.

Mitsuri giggled and blushed a little. She was about to ask Y/N to spar with her, but Obanai came out of no were and quietly grabbed her hand and dragged her away from the confused E/C girl.

It was their turn to spar now.

"Sorry, Y/N-chan! We will spar when I'm finished with Iguro-san!" Mitsuri waved, while an annoyed looking Obanai continued to take her away.

"No problem, Kanroji! Beat his ass!" Y/N waved back.

The anxiety that was gone a moment ago came back. "Please, let me spar with Mitsuri soon. She's the only one who kinda likes me. God, if no one wants to spar with me, I'm going to die from the embarrassment."

Since Y/N was too busy praying for herself, she failed to notice the man who, not so silently, approached her.

"Hello there, L/N! Would you like to spar with me?"

Rengoku's sudden approach snapped Y/N out of her thought.

"A-Ah! Sure, man. Hand to hand combat, or would you like katana sparring?"

"Today is all about hand-to-hand combat!"

Both Rengoku and Y/N got into their fighting stances.