二十二

Y/N slept for a few hours; she woke up at around 4AM and rubbed her eyes groggily. Another day, another slay.

"Did you sleep well, little lotus?" Douma gave her a closed-eyed smile and kissed the top of her head.

That would have been a very wholesome gesture if he didn't tear into human flesh with that same mouth.

"I had a dream..That my head was underwater." Humour was the only thing keeping that woman sane.

"That sounds terrible! Would you like to talk about it?" His cult-founder tendencies were showing.

"Leave her alone, she just woke up." Akaza practically barked at him.

The mere sight of the woman-eater kissing Y/N like that made him want to vomit. It made him angry. The only reason he didn't lash out physically was because Kokushibo would step in. Like always.

"Put..her down..She is awake..now.." Speaking of Kokushibo, he was walking in front of everybody. His tall stature and the seriousness in his voice gave off a very intimidating aura.

"Nooo..I'm too lazy to walk.." Y/N rested her cheek against Douma's big man-boobs.

She was living the dream.

The pillow tits, having demon, melted at the sight. He had that anime affect, where hearts flew around him.

"She should sleep more. Humans need a lot of rest."

"I agree with Akaza-dono! Y/N-chan is clearly still tired. It would be cruel to force her to walk." Anything that benefited him, Douma liked.

Kokushibo stayed quiet and continued to walk. Something about him being more quiet than usual made Akaza feel uneasy, and Douma didn't care, like always.

"I'm not sleepy anymore. I'll sleep later. I wanna spend some time talking with you guys." That answer seemed to please the three. "Attention hoes."

"Hmm. Say, Y/N-chan..How was your family life back at home? When I asked about your family before, you said they all died, yes?" Funny how that question didn't come up yet.

Akaza was about to beat the shit out of Douma for bringing up such a sensitive topic, but she stopped him.

Y/N sighed and looked up at the night sky, trying to figure out the best way to start her life intro.

"I was abused when I was younger." Nailed it.

Kokushibo's back was facing them, so she couldn't see if he had a reaction, but Akaza's and Douma's reactions were very visible. They both had the looks of pure displeasure and disgust.

"So, like, my father was an asshole. He was a Hashira, so he expected me, as the oldest and more talented sibling, to become one, too. I began training to become a Hashira at the age of six. The physical training was brutal as hell. I'd often throw up and bleed after it, be bruised, or be badly injured. I was often pulled out of school early so I could train. Sometimes, I didn't even go to school. I wasn't allowed to hang out with my friends and siblings because 'they would distract me from my training.' But despite that, I had a pretty close bond with my two younger sisters. My life was painful and hard, but I could manage it."

She stopped for a moment to think, then sighed, again, and continued on.

"My family fell apart on the day I went to do my Demon Slayer entrance exam. I was 14 when it happened. My father went on a mission on the same day that I left for that exam. Normally, I would be home when my father went on his missions, so I would be in charge of protecting my mother and siblings. On that day, however, my younger brother was in charge of protecting them. Now about my younger brother, my father didn't want to waste time on training him, so he grew resentful of me. He wanted to be the one to become a Hashira; I guess he just thought he deserved it more. He was specifically told to not use a katana if a demon attacked our home because he sucked at handling a sword and to instead use a gun that had nichirin bullets. He had an amazing aim. However, he didn't listen."