三十九

Tanjiro and Zenitsu wanted to leave desperately, but they didn't want to leave Inosuke with them alone.

It's not like Tanjiro and Zenitsu didn't trust Y/N to handle the demons; they didn't trust Inosuke to not do something stupid.

The three very intimidating demons weren't helping them relax either.

They were not pleased with the three kids being there, and they made that very clear with the way they stayed quiet.

As Y/N was about to break the short, tense silence, the three demons stood up and glared at the young boys. The dark aura that surrounded them made the former Upper Moons look extra frightening.

A bead of sweat rolled down Tanjiro's forehead. The glares they got only made Inosuke fire up even more, so he had to hold the boar boy extra tightly.

"Let me go, Santaro! I wanna fight them!"

"Inosuke! Calm down! And my name is Tanjiro!"

While Tanjiro struggled to hold back Inosuke, Zenitsu cried and hid behind the red-haired boy's back even more.

"S-S-So scary!"

Y/N judged Zenitsu hard for his lack of help. "He's more useful when he's asleep than when he's awake." She sighed, clearly disappointed.

Seeing that their intimidation tactic worked, the three demons sat back down in their previous seats, very satisfied.

Akaza had an uninterested expression on his face as he stared at the three boys.

Douma had a wide, toothy grin on his face, clearly displaying a threat.

Kokushibo looked a bit agitated as his eyes focused on Tanjiro's hanafuda earrings.

Overall, the tension in the room was dropping. That was until Zenitsu spoke up again..

"Aaah! We're going to die! Y/N! Please marry me before I die!" Zenitsu seemed to get sidetracked once he proposed again, drool running down his chin at the thought of Y/N as a wife.

"Welp. He dug his own grave."

Tanjiro looked mortified, and even Inosuke stopped trashing around when they sensed the demons menacing auras.

With great speed, Akaza appeared behind the now-screaming Zenitsu and lifted his fist up.

BAM.

With a clean punch to the head, Zenitsu was punched through the floor.

The yellow-orange-haired boy was face down, ass up, and there was a giant bumb on his head. Akaza stood over Zenitsu, his fist emitting steam from where he punched him on the head.

"How dare you harass a woman with a marriage proposal, you coward. You're utterly disgusting!"

"H-H-Help..Y-Y/N.." Even after being hurt, Zenitsu still tried to reach out for Y/N.

"Y-Y/N—Ouch!"

Akaza stepped on Zenitsu's reaching hand, then turned his attention to Tanjiro and Inosuke.

The two boys immediately straightened their posture and stood still.

The scene reminded Y/N of when soldiers from the military misbehave and get their asses whooped.

"It's alright, 'Kaz. You've done enough damage already."

Y/N patted the spot next to her, opposite of Douma, and smiled. She wasn't practically happy with what Akaza had done, but she wasn't upset with him either. She expected something similar to happen when the two met anyway.