四十二

After being stabbed at the train mission almost four months prior, Y/N had finally recovered completely. There was only a tiny scar remaining where her stab wound had once been.

During those months, Y/N used to spend her free time hanging out with Mitsuri and Rengoku at the Butterfly Mansion. Even Tengen would accompany them occasionally.

Everything hinged on if they had missions for that day or not.

Although the demons were annoyed that she was spending so much time with the demon slayers, they had refrained from speaking out since they understood that their behaviour was unreasonable.

Following the two-and-a-half-month-old picnic, Y/N was assigned numerous missions. She was alone herself when on those assignments. She was afraid that something terrible might happen if she brought the demons with her. Therefore, she didn't.

She was able to complete every mission she undertook on her own. She completed them in a single day most of the time, sometimes even in two.

Inosuke, Tanjiro, and Zenitsu remained at the Butterfly Mansion, too. Most days, they trained, but when crows came with instructions, they took breaks and went to battle the demons.

In order to give the girls a break, Y/N would occasionally join their training sessions and take the place of Aoi and Kanao. However, while Y/N was instructing the boys, they looked like they went through hell and back.

Everything was going at a steady pace.

Zenitsu stopped whining even when he had to go on missions alone, Inosuke became even more reckless than before, and Tanjiro was just glad that he wasn't alone.

Y/N took great pride in their progress.

.
.
.
.
.

It was a typical day today.

An hour earlier, Y/N had just completed her two missions and was returning to the Butterfly Mansion when she encountered Tanjiro.

"Sup, Tan. Looks like we're finished  for today, aren't we?"

"Hi, Y/N! I hope so."

After saying hi to one another, the two decided to walk together the remainder of the way.

It took the two 15 minutes to reach the mansion gate, and it was then that they noticed loud noises coming from the garden.

"CH-CHAAARGE!"

"CHAARGE!"

A little alarmed, Y/N and Tanjiro hurried over to find out what was wrong. There, they saw Tengen getting jumped by the butterfly mansion girls.

"HEY! GIRL! KNOCK IT OFF!"

"What are you doing to those girls?! Let them go!" Tanjiro yelled at Tengen right away but stopped and stared at them dumbfounded at the sight of him getting swarmed by the crying girls.

Y/N just facepalmed. She was done with Tengen's idiocity.

"Kidnapper! Help us!"