二十五

A few days had gone by since the meeting with Lady Tamayo and Yushiro was finished, and the four were nearly at the Hashira Headquarters.

Y/N was anxious.

She was aware of the punishment she was going to get if the meeting didn't go as planned.

With a nervous sigh, she tried to take her mind off of the negative thoughts and focus on the more positive ones.

Kokushibo, Douma, and Akaza were still sound asleep, and since the sun was about to set, there was no point in waking them up yet. They needed to be part of the Hashira meeting, so she will wake them up when Ubuyashiki arrives.

The Hashira meetings were always held when the sun was up, but today there were different circumstances.

Ubuyashiki wanted the meeting to start right as the sun was setting, which understandably concerned his beloved Demon Slayers. Eight out of nine, Hashira, were against the meeting even happening, let alone it being held at the Demon Slayer headquarters and at night with the three most powerful demons who used to work directly under Kibutsuji Muzan.

No matter how much they protested, the Hashira showed up at the meeting spot early either way.

Upsetting their dear Oyakata-sama was a big noo in their books; they would just need to keep their guards high and pray for the meeting to go smoothly.

Some of the Hashira were anxious, some were angry, and some were even excited. They all waited patiently for their master and the demon tamer to show up.

"Oh god..People." Y/N arrived at the meeting place and was met with many glares from the Hashira.

She was dying on the inside.

The mere thought of something bad happening to the three demons she viewed so dearly was making her sick.

She would do everything in her power to keep them alive, even if it meant living life on the run from the Demon Slayer Corps.

"Y/N! Hi!" The nervousness Y/N felt was switched to confusion, then to happiness. Mitsuri! The pink and green-haired girl excitedly waved at her, stars and hearts floating around her.

"Hi Kanroji!" Y/N returned the wave with equal excitement. She was grateful that at least one person didn't want to kill her.

"For someone who is carrying three of the most powerful demons, you have a very unflashy entrance." The one and only sound Hashira crossed his arms and scolded her. Y/N wasn't a big fan of him, but she appreciated his lack of hostility towards her.

"Bruh. I'm exhausted. The fuck you want me to do? Do cartwheels up in this bitch?"

"No excuses! And yes, that would have been a flashy enough entrance. "

As Tengen and Y/N continued to bicker, the rest of the Hashira were quiet.

Shinobu was very angry, and it was pretty hard to hide that fact. All she wanted to do was rip the door of the box open and let the demons burn.

Obanai was sitting on a three, if looks could kill, Y/N would be dead by now.

Rengoku had his arms crossed and was standing next to Tengen. He didn't contribute much to the conversation between the two, but he did laugh from time to time. Sometimes at Tengen and sometimes with him. He wasn't hostile towards Y/N, but he also wasn't going to let his guard down, either. Demons are unpredictable creatures, after all.