三十八

Inosuke and Tanjiro managed to land on the dying demon's flesh, reducing their fall damage significantly.

"Find her, Inosuke! She's losing a lot of blood!" Tanjiro urged Inosuke to go help Y/N while he went and helped the innocent people out.

"On my way! Where are you, minion?!"

While Inosuke searched for Y/N, she had gained back her consciousness and was trembling from the pain.

She had passed out for a few minutes, so she lost quite some blood. Now that she was finally awake, she was in tremendous pain. "I'm alive. Holy shit. Everything hurts. I need to use a breathing technique to stop the bleeding immediately."

"M/N! Are you all right?!"

The boar boy had found Y/N lying at the bottom of a hill, face down. He quickly ran over to her and flipped her over to face him.

"Hang in there! The demon's flesh was springy, and that saved Santaro and me! Weird, huh?"

Groan.

Hearing her groan in pain and seeing the massive blood stain on her abdomen reminded him of the events that took place earlier.

"Are you all right? You got stabbed!"

"I'm..fine..How about..you?" Y/N concentrated more to improve the accuracy of her breath. She focused on every centimetre of her body, and now the pain was getting a bit more bearable.

She also successfully stopped the bleeding.

"I feel great! Not even a sniffle!" The boy exclaimed confidently, stars floating around him.

"I can't move yet..Go help the injured people..Is the engineer guy alive?"

"I actually think it's all right if he dies!"

"No, it's not. Just go help him and the others. Please..If you do what I say, I'll fight you later.."

Inosuke huffed, clearly frustrated with her. He got up and started walking in the direction of the engineer guy. "Fine! But after I help him, I'm ripping all of his hair out!"

"Sure, buddy.."

After Inosuke left, she was left alone to stare at the night sky. The blood on her abdomen became cold, and the wet feeling of it being stuck to her skin made her uncomfortable. She was tired, but she knew she mustn't fallen asleep yet. "Kokushibo, Douma, and Akaza are going to kill me.."

"Good job, Y/N! I'm impressed!"

The sudden, booming voice made Y/N flinch. She groaned again and placed a hand over her wound. 

"Looks like you got stabbed! You stopped the bleeding a bit late, but it's good!"

Rengoku beamed at the tired-looking girl. As much as she liked the handsome boy, his voice volume was killing her.

"Everyone's safe! A lot of injuries, but no deaths! No need for you to overdo it!"

She sighed in relief and smiled at the flame-looking boy. The sun was going to rise soon, so she could finally relax a little. "Leave me here and go help out the others. I'll wait for the kakushi to arrive here."