Lazy days

I awake with a start. As I look around panic consumes me. I'm home. Thank god I'm home. It was just a dream Ana. The vivid images from last nights dream remain pasted in my mind. Glancing at the alarm clock I see that it's 5:48. Why am I up so early? Christian is sleeping soundly beside me, I reach up and brush my finders through his hair. Gosh, my fifty really is so perfect. I lean back, I surprisingly feel great this morning. This is the first time in weeks that I haven't felt the urge to vomit. I slide out of my bed, trying hard not to wake my sleeping beauty. I know! I'm going to cook him breakfast, considering he isn't going to let me go to work, I need to do something to keep myself occupied.

"Good morning Mrs Taylor" she's already busy in the kitchen cleaning, ready for breakfast.

"Good Morning Ana! How are you feeling?" And she asks, her voice full of sympathy.

"A lot better thankyou, I'd like to make Christian and Ted breakfast this morning if that's okay?" I ask, I know she doesn't like me doing too much. She worries. Like Christian.

"Of course Ana, I'll give you some room"

"If you're busy it's fine you can stay and finish what you're doing" I reassure her. I don't want to kick the poor woman out of the kitchen.

"Of course, is Mr Grey still sleeping?" She asks. Why does she want to know if Christian is still sleeping.

"Yes I think so" I frown.

"I see. Talylor told me to let him know that he got an important call early hours of this morning." And it is as though she's answering my unasked question. Who would be calling Christian? I dismiss the thought, in hope that he will tell me if it's important for me to know.

"Oh I'm sure he'll be up soon, he never sleeps in this late. So, what have you got planned for your first wedding anniversary Mrs Taylor? Anything nice?" I question, attempting to change the subject to something lighter.

"I have no idea, Jason's keeping it a surprise" she says excitedly. Jason Taylor the the dark horse. Who would have thought?

Twenty minutes later, food is cooked and served up. I have made Christian his favourite. Omelette, bacon with fruit on the side. Teddy has a plain omelette. Actually. I wonder why none of them are awake yet. Ted usually wastes around 6am, Christian the same. I must have two lazy boys today. I wander upstairs, ready to wake Christian and Teddy. Entering my room I am stopped in my tracks. Where's Christian? He's not in bed. Odd. He didn't come down. I stop outside Theodore's bedroom door, I hear soft mumbling voices. My heart melts.

"And when your little sister comes, there will be Me, mummy, Ted and Phoebe!" I hear him mutter softly.

"And you have to look out for your big sister" he whispers. This is music to my ears.

I walk briskly into the room. Christian is perched on the end of Ted's bed whilst teddy sits on his lap facing him. It still takes me by surprise how much they are alike. Two peas in a pod.

"Goodmorning to my two favourite people" I announce. My son twists abruptly holding his arms out. I perch on the bed next to my lovely husband, Teddy wraps his arms around me whilst remaining in Christian's lap.

"Good morning beautiful" Christian says and kisses me below the ear.

"Good morning beautiful yourself" I giggle. I look him up and down and frown. He's still in his pyjama bottoms and t-shirt. Why isn't he dressed. I look at him, confused.

"I'm not going to work" he adds, as though he can read my thoughts. Why isn't he going to work?

"Why are you going to work?"

"Because I'm not going to leave you here, alone to get into trouble, especially with what happened yesterday"

"I know. I don't want to talk about that now, let's go and eat, I made you both breakfast".

"Mm we love mummy's breakfasts don't we Ted" Christian says as he nuzzles Theodore's hair. He seems oblivious, wiggling and struggling out of his hold. Not a care in the world.