Thirty Four

☆ Lily / Philip ☆

PHILIP

Next morning:

I am glad to know that Noah already has set a date for their meeting and it is tomorrow. I am very happy that I helped them to be together but let us see the end result. Let them be, I already did the matchmaking and have a lot on my plate. I was scrolling my phone and I wanted to call mom just to check on her but my eyes lock with one name, Daniel.

My eyes linger a minute but I ignore it and call my mom, she sounds all jolly.

OTP :

'Hey mom!

Hello son. How are you?

I am cool, what about you and Mr. Anderson?

I am fine *sighs* and don't call your dad that, c'mon. When will you drop honorifics?

Mom! I know it is hard for you but I can't seem to forgive him for that type of behaviour with you. I am fed up of him not respecting you when he is angry or not in the mood. *not believing my mom right now* *shocked*

But I am his wife, he can call me that way. He is my life partner and they don't have to be respectful to each other. *hesitant*

Ok, cool. *warily* But I am not allowing that to happen and I won't change. Bye.'

Call ends

What the hell?! I wanted to talk to her nicely and not him. Why is she always bringing him in my talks, can't she just accept and move forward and we can have a good talk. I understand that she wants me to have a good family relationship with him but he treats my mother like a dirt, I can't handle that. When will she understand?! Ugh! Mom, you will be my death.

I reach my workplace and enter the place seeing absolutely no one. What happened? Where is everyone? Let's move to change first and then seek them. I enter the changing room and see that it is all a mess and it clicks me that there might have been a theft here and they went somewhere.

I check the whole place but there is nothing so I go for Stella's office and there, I see everyone. They are having meeting, must have been urgent and sudden. I join them and see that we have new worker and are having intros, I stand where I can be seen and Stella sees me.

' Here, the remaining worker

*she turns* Hello, myself Victoria *forwards her hand*

*shocked* H-Hello, myself Philip. *handshake*

Nice to meet you, everyone. *everyone claps*

Nice to see you too *someone*

Well, that settles it. Now everyone on work and I want good performance from you too Victoria.

Oh, call me Vic.

Sure, Vic. *hesitant* '

What the hell is she doing here? I think it is one of her tricks but how could she have been taken? There must have been someone behind this, Lisa? I don't know, I am still not able to trust anyone here. I only have to do something about it and get rid of Victoria, I just can't stand her and I have to spend three years with her.... Too bad already.