The Kissing Rock

C H A P T E R T H R E E

*Unedited*

September 18, 2014

Alison

Hanna groans and plops down on her bed, the one in her mom's house in Rosewood.

"I've missed you, babe." She grabs the edge of the blankets and wraps herself up like a burrito.

"I'm starting to think you missed your bed more than you missed me." I turn my head and see Hanna's mom standing in the doorway with a smile on her face.

"Mommy!" Hanna shouts. "I missed you too!" Hanna tried to untangle herself from the blankets.

She failed.

She fell onto the floor.

Thud!

~

"Come on, Ali she invited you too." Hanna says while straightening her hair.

"No, go have a nice night with your mom." I tell her.

Ms. Marin invited us to dinner and some show that was playing at the theater, but I'm pretty sure she wanted to spend the night with Hanna considering they haven't seen each other in a while.

"Okay..." Hanna unplugs the hair straightener and stands up. "Don't do anything stupid." She warns.

"What would I do?"

"I saw you and that girl flirting, be careful with these Rosewood hoes, I mean girls."

"I'm always careful when it comes to love."

"Love?" Hanna raised her eyebrows at me. "We'll talk about her when I get back. Have fun on your date."

"We don't have a date. She hasn't even called me." I tell her.

"Why don't you just call her?" She asks.

"I don't have her number."

"That's unfortunate, there's food in the fridge if you get hungry." And with that Hanna and her mom left me I their house.

They usually did this when I came over because I hate being a third wheel. I've had some time to explore Rosewood. My favorite part of this town is definitely the forest that surrounds it, it gives this town a darker mood. It's not like having midnight blowouts in a cemetery but it's as good as I'm gonna get here.

~

I decided to take a walk through the forest. Not my best idea considering it's already starting to get dark. Hardly any light is peeking through the leaves and branches of the trees, just tiny rays of fading light.

I come across a big rock, perfect for sitting and a great view of a lake. A little break can't hurt, can it?

When I first sat on it, it was uncomfortable and cold but eventually it started to become relaxing and nice.

All of a sudden a bright light shines in my face. "Skinny Jeans?" A familiar voice asks. Skinny Jeans? When did that become a thing?

"Uh... Who are you?" I shield my eyes from the brightness until it goes off.

"Oh, you don't remember?" That's when I recognize her as the girl from earlier... Em. That's why she called me Skinny Jeans, that makes more sense.

"I remember you, I just never got your name."

"Oh," She walks closer and sits down beside me on the rock. "I'm Emily Fields." We were sitting so close I could feel her breath on my face, thank God it didn't smell bad. It was minty.