You Killed Kate

T W E N T Y - T H R E E

*Unedited*

February 4, 2015

General POV

Alison and Emily sat on opposite sides of the couch, not daring to look over at the other.

Emily's and Alison's eyes were red and puffy from crying.

Emily completely blew up on Alison, causing Alison to scream right back. It was a 'screaming match' as Hanna had explained it to CeCe.

Hanna was watching for a good fifteen minutes until they finally noticed she was standing there. Once they did notice, Alison chucked her phone at Hanna's head.

Emily wiped away the last of her tears and stood up from the couch.

"I need to leave." Emily announced.

"Please, Emily don't go." Alison begged.

"Sorry but, you can't tell me what to do. I have some rights even you can't take away." Emily spat.

"Emily, I know I messed up-"

"Yeah, you did." Emily laughed bitterly. "I trusted you, and you betrayed that trust. You. Kissed. Her."

"No, she-"

"I don't want to hear it, Alison. I'm leaving."

"No!" Alison demanded, grabbing Emily's wrist.

"Just let me go!" Emily shouted back, shaking her hand free from Alison's grip.

"Please, Em. I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry. Please just forgive me."

Emily scowled. "Forgiveness - this taste all but poisons my mouth."

"What does that even mean?"

"It means you're not getting it anytime soon."

~~~

"Maybe we should just take a break." Emily said, softly stroking Alison's damp cheek.

"Emily, it was just a kiss. A meaningless kiss." Alison tried.

"A lot can happen with just a kiss." Emily pointed out.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Alison spat.

"We fell in love and now we're both alone." Emily sang softly.

"'Cause I don't need anymore friends, another kiss like fire on pavement we'll burn it down till the end." Alison sang back.

Without another word, Emily kissed Alison's cheek then turned around to walk out.

"Emily!" Alison called. "You can leave right now, but please, I'm begging you, come back."

"Alison I-"

"Please Emily. We can talk through this. And I mean talk not scream at each other." Alison said.

"Alison I really just-"

"Please Emily, you don't have to talk, just listen. And if you still want a break after then..." She trailed off.

"Okay..." Emily nodded. "I'll be back later."

~~~

"Emily?" Hanna asked surprised. "What're you doing here?"

"I heard Kate is your step sister. I was just wondering if you knew where she is?" Emily said, as innocent as she could.

"Yeah, she's up in her room, second door on the left." Hanna said, stepping aside to let Emily in.

Emily rushed inside and up the stairs, finding Kate's room.

"Hmm, that probably wasn't the best idea." Hanna said to herself, picking up a magazine and sitting on the couch. "Oh well."

~~~

"Can I help you?" Kate asked bitterly once Emily walked into her room.

"Are you Kate?" Emily asked, angrily.

"Yeah, do I know you?"

"No, but you know my girlfriend. What was it like kissing her?" She spat.

Kate hesitated for a second. "I have no idea what you're talking about." She gulped.

"Really? I mean, I'm sure you had some idea when you had your tongue shoved down her throat!" Emily shouted.

"Listen, I-"

Emily cut her off by punching her in the jaw, causing Kate to stumble backward.

"Oh fuck!" Kate shouted, holding her jaw. "What the-"

Emily punched her once more, square on the nose which quickly started bleeding.

Emily looked at her for a second before walking out of the room, satisfied with the damage done to Kate's face.

~~~

Hanna POV

I hear shouting coming from upstairs. Specifically Kate's room. I wonder what those two crazy kids are up to.

Emily came running down the stairs, blood coating her hand.

Maybe she killed Kate.

She muttered a small goodbye and walked out the front door.

I should probably go up and check on Kate, right?

But, why do that when I could stay down here and eat?

Alison POV

I was getting ready to go to bed. Emily's been gone for a while, and I'm started to get a feeling she isn't coming back.

I brushed out my hair, so it doesn't get as tangled while I sleep, and climbed under my blankets.

I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. There was a tiny bit of light coming into my room from the crack under my door. It needs to be pitch black for me to sleep.

I got out of bed, and made my way to the hallway to turn off the hall light. While out there I saw Emily walking into the bathroom. She stopped once she saw me.

"Hey Alison." She said, shyly.

"Hey, where did you go?" I ask. "Why is there blood on your hand?"

"I went to visit Kate." She said simply.

"Oh, why?"

"Don't worry about it. I took care of her." Emily said.

"You killed Kate?" I ask surprised.

"What? No, I just punched her a few times." Emily laughed lightly.

"That's a lot of blood." I point out.

"I punched her in the nose. I don't know, she might be anemic or something."

"Well, wash your hands then come to bed." I tell her.

"I think I'm just gonna sleep on the couch." She says, looking down.

"Emily, you don't have to do that." I tell her. "You can sleep with me, in my bed."

She gave me a weird look.

"We'll just sleep, I promise."

"Okay," she agreed.