Ch. 40

C H A P T E R F O R T Y

*Unedited*

May 21, 2015

General POV

"Are you ready, Ali? Today's the day you tell her." Hanna reminded her.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Ali said, trying to gain sympathy from Hanna.

"Morning sickness is normal, sorry Ali."

Hanna practically dragged Alison out to the car.

"Han, maybe this isn't a good idea. Telling her the day of her big swim meet. She'll be unfocused." Ali tried to reason with Hanna.

"Well, that's too bad, isn't it?" Hanna said. Alison rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

Hanna laughed at her and started the car, pulling out of the driveway and onto the main road.

~~~

Emily keeps on searching for the familiar, beautiful blonde in the crowd of familiar faces.

Emily spotted Hanna taking a seat next to Aria and Spencer, she looked around once more and saw Alison standing on the side lines.

She was crossing her arms over her stomach and biting her bottom lip nervously. Emily smiled and walked over to her girlfriend looked way too worried.

Meanwhile back at the bleachers:

"Yay Emily!" Hanna cheered and clapped her hands.

"She's not swimming yet." Aria told her.

Spencer chuckled at Hanna, and Hanna stuck her tongue out at Spencer.

Spencer rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"What are you two? Five years old?" Aria asked.

"No, but Hanna is." Spencer said with a pouty face.

"I know you are but what am I?" Hanna said in a little kid voice.

Aria rolled her eyes and decided to just block them out.

~~~

Emily pulled Alison into a hug.

"I'm glad you're here, babe." Emily said.

Alison gave her a fake smile.

"Is everything okay?" Emily asked.

"Everything's fine." Alison said, as genuinely as she could.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." Alison said with a small smile.

The swim coach called Emily over.

She quickly pecked Alison's cheek and ran over to warm up.

While she was warming up, she couldn't help but notice how tense uneasy Alison looked. Her arms were still folded across her stomach, and if she didn't stop biting her lower lip it would probably start bleeding.

"Is everything okay?" Emily asked, walking back over to Alison.

Ali took a deep breath.

"Everything's fine. Now go and enjoy it."

"I won't be able to enjoy if you don't tell me what's going on." Emily said, looking at Alison with concern evident in her eyes.

"Em, I told you everything's fine." Alison argued, but Emily wasn't convinced.

Not one bit.

"I know you're lying. Something's been going on for the past couple months now and I want you to tell me what it is." Emily said sternly.

"Em, we can talk about this later." Alison says nervously.

"No, no, we can talk about this now." Emily said, she took a step closer to Alison and took her hands in hers.

"Em ju-" Alison tried to pull away but Emily kept a firm grip on her hands.

"Please Ali, just tell me what it is." Emily pleaded. "Please." She whispered, her voice filled with worry and concern.

Alison took a deep breath and looked up at Emily. Their eyes met, Alison stared into Emily's soft, chocolate colored eyes and decided that she couldn't lie to Emily any longer.

Ali sucked in a breath and Emily braced herself for the news that was about to come.

"I'm pregnant." She said softly.

"I'm pregnant!" Alison said loud enough for Emily to hear.

Emily laughed lightly.

"You're joking, right?"

She kept the smile on her face but it quickly started to fade when she saw the tears building up in Alison's stormy blue eyes. What had once been so bright and playful blue were now a dark and stormy blue, full of uncertainty.

"Ali, this isn't funny." Emily said seriously.

"I'm not joking." Alison choked out as tears started to stream down her cheeks.

Emily rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "You've got to be kidding me." She breathed.