Ch. 37

T H I R T Y - S E V E N

*Unedited*

March 9, 2015

General POV

Hanna was pacing back and forth in Ali's room while Cece sat on Ali's bed, bouncing her knee up and down impatiently.

They both stopped and stood still when Alison walked back into the room.

"Well...?" Cece asked impatiently.

Alison took a deep breath and looked at the two blonde girls that were growing very impatient.

"It's uh, it's Positive..." She bit her lip nervously. Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes.

"Nonono, there's no need to cry. These things can be wrong can't they?" Hanna asked.

"Hanna, they're almost always right." Cece stated.

Hanna and Cece made eye contact.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Hanna asked.

"That depends, What are you thinking?" Cece asked.

"Ali can be on MTV!" Hanna said, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Yeah! I wasn't thinking that." Said Cece.

"Oh," Hanna was disappointed but she shook it off. "Then what were you thinking?"

Cece turned to Alison.

"Who's the father?"

Alison looked down at her feet.

Hanna turned to Ali and crossed her arms, raising one of her eyebrows.

"E-Emily." Alison stuttered nervously.

"I'm pretty sure we've already went over this, Ali. If there's two-" Hanna was cut off by Cece.

"But she's a girl." Cece said simply. "I'm pretty sure that's impossible."

It was silent in the room for a moment. Cece and Hanna were thinking while Alison became very interested in her hands.

"She is a she, right?" Hanna asked.

"Emily's intersex." Alison said softly.

"Okay, call me stupid but what does that mean?" Hanna asked.

"It means she has a dick." Cece stated bluntly.

"Well then why were we -- your best friends -- not informed of this?" Hanna asked, slightly offended.

"Emily didn't even tell me, I found out myself." Alison said. "She didn't want anyone to know."

"Well, she should've thought about that before she knocked you up!" Hanna said angrily.

"Han, you can break her legs later-" Cece started.

"Oh, believe me, I'll do more than just break her legs." Hanna started cracking her fingers.

Cece rolled her eyes and continued talking.

"You have to tell her, Ali." Cece says.

"What? No! She wants to, like, go to college and shit. A baby would totally mess that up for her. I can't do that." Alison said sadly.

"Ali, I hate to break it to you but it's her baby too. She has a right to know." Hanna said.

"If our baby keeps her from going to college, she's going to resent me for the rest of our lives. No one wants to be a teenage parent."

"How about we discuss this over food?" Hanna suggests.

"Yeah, I could eat." Cece said.

"Oh. My. God." Alison said while rubbing her temples. She was clearly annoyed.

Cece and Hanna just stared at her for a second. Ali sighed, giving into their request.

"Let's go get food."

~~~

"So, like, what are you going to do with it?" Hanna asked, eating another fry.

"What do you mean?" Alison asked, taking a bite out of her burger.

"Well, you know, you have like three options. Abortion. Adoption. And you could keep it." Hanna said, counting the options on her fingers.

"Definitely not abortion, this baby didn't do anything wrong. He deserves to have a life." Alison said, rubbing her stomach.

"He?" Cece asked, taking a sip from her chocolate milkshake.

Alison smiled warmly.

"Yeah, I hope it's a boy."

"Sooooo, you're keeping him... or her?"

Alison shrugged and looked around for a second.

"How hard could it be?"

Cece raked her fingers through her hair and looked frustrated.

"What?" Alison asked.

"Have you seen 16 & Pregnant?" She asked.

Alison shrugged again. "I'm 17."

"What about Teen Mom or Teen Mom 2?"

"You shouldn't be basing this off of tv shows." Hanna pointed out.

"I'm just saying, you have no idea what you're getting yourself in to."

Alison sighed and looked down at her food.

"Al, I'm not saying that I don't support you. But you just found out like and hour ago. You can think about it before jumping in to a decision." Cece said. "But I support you, no matter what."

"Thanks, Ce."

Cece and Alison looked over at Hanna.

She was shoving a handful of fries into her mouth.

"I'm here for you too." Hanna said with her mouthful.

Alison made a disgusted face but shook it off.

"Thanks, Han."

*I am no longer failing any classes. *Pats self on back* I feel so accomplished.*