You Kissed Kate

T W E N T Y  - T W O

*Unedited*

February 4, 2015

General POV

"Ali, this shouldn't even be an argument. You need to tell her." Hanna said, nudging CeCe to back her up.

"I agree with Hanna, she deserves to know you kissed Kate." CeCe said half-heartedly.

"No I didn't, Kate kissed me." Alison corrected. "And what Emily doesn't know won't hurt her."

"Well... You kissed back so technically you kissed Kate." CeCe said.

"No I didn't! How many times do I have to say it?"

"What if she finds out from someone else? Everyone in school has this picture on their phone." Hanna points out, ignoring CeCe's and Alison's argument.

"Hanna, she doesn't need to know. It was a pointless, sloppy, meaningless kiss." Alison snapped.

"She still deserves to know." Hanna shot back.

Hanna had been trying to convince Alison into telling Emily but Alison wouldn't budge.

"Hanna, I already told you. No." Alison says, walking away from the two girls.

"Well, I guess Emily will never know." Hanna sighed.

"You just gotta take matters into your own hands." CeCe said simply.

"You mean I should tell Em?" Hanna asked.

"No, no, no. If it comes from anyone besides Alison then things definitely won't end well." Said CeCe, "You just gotta get them in the same room together. Yesterday Alison was dodging Emily's calls, she feels guilty, if they're together it's bound to come up. And, knowing Ali, she'll tell her."

"How do you know she feels guilty?" Hanna asked.

"It's all in her eyes."

"You're so observant." Hanna said.

"Nice use of that word, Han."

~~~

"She's cheating on you!" Spencer suggested, a little more dramatic than needed.

"Shut up, Spence." Aria slapped her arm.

"Yeah." Emily agreed.

"How many times did you call her yesterday?" Spencer asked.

"I dunno, like eight." Emily said.

"Right, and how many times did you get her voicemail?" Spencer asked.

Emily looked down. "I dunno, like eight."

"Who could that possibly be? Is it Alison?" Spencer asked as Emily's phone began to ring.

Emily checked to see who it was.

"No." She pouted. "It's Hanna."

Spencer glared at Emily.

"Why are you texting her?" She asked, disgusted.

Spencer and Hanna still aren't the bestest friends. Or friends at all, it's more like a fatal feud. They hate each other with all their hearts.

"She wants me to go over to Alison's. Alison has something to tell me." Emily says, more like a question instead of a statement.

"Why wouldn't Alison just tell you?" Spencer was clearly annoyed.

Not just at Hanna, because Hanna's annoying as fuck. But also at Alison who seems to not be putting any time nor effort into Emily's and Alison's relationship.

"I don't know..."

~~~

Alison walked into her seemingly empty house. She slammed the door in frustration and tossed her bag onto the floor.

"You have a bad day?" Emily asked, walking over to her from the living room.

"E-Em-Emily, what're you doing here?" Alison stuttered, as the guilt of kissing Kate washed over her.

"Well that's not the reaction I was expecting." Emily muttered.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way, just wondering... Why?"

"Hanna said you needed to tell me something." Emily mentioned.

"That bitch." Alison said under her breath.

"What exactly did you need to tell me?" Emily asked, curiously.

"It's nothing." Alison said, pecking Emily's cheek and walking past her, into the living room.

"I know it's something." Emily followed her. "You've been dodging my calls and now you're acting weird."

Emily's phone began to buzz on the coffee table in the living room.

"What's that buzzing sound?" Alison asked, looking around.

"That's my phone." Emily picked it up.

"Who is it?"

"An unknown number." Emily said casually.

Alison's eyes widened, an unknown number. She quickly jumped on Emily before she could see the message, causing them both to plummet to the floor, and knocking the phone out of Emily's grasp.

"Ali, what're you doing?" Emily asked from under Alison.

"Nothing." She jumped off of Emily and grabbed Emily's phone.

"Can I have my phone back?" Emily stood up, dusting herself off.

"No..."

"Give it to me." Emily demanded.

"No."

In attempt to keep it away from Emily, Alison held the phone up high above her head. Which ultimately backfired as the slightly taller girl easily snatched the phone out of Alison's hand.

"No!" Alison attempted to jump on Emily's back to tackle her down.

Today was not Alison's day.

Emily stayed standing, her feet planted firmly on the ground. Alison was only clinging onto Emily's back.

"Ali, what's wrong with you? It's just a text." Emily shook Ali off her back, Alison landing on the couch.

"Emily don't!" Alison tried. She had a tugging feeling in her chest, this was the text that was going to break her.

"Relax, it's just a text." Emily said.

"No it's not!"

"There's a picture attached, but that's it." Emily said calmly. "If you want you can look at it."

Em sat down next to Ali on the couch, and wrapped an arm around Alison, pulling her into Em's body.

Alison shit her eyes tight, not wanting to see the picture or Emily's reaction.

"Huh," Emily huffed. "That's weird, that almost looks like... You?" Emily removed her arm from Alison's body and scooted slightly away from her.

"Emily, I can explain."

"You better! Who is this girl anyway?" Emily shouted.

"Kate." Alison said, barely audible.

"Who?"

"Kate," Alison said louder.

Emily's heart shattered into a million pieces after hearing that Alison had kissed her ex.

"Y-You-" Emily took a deep breath before continuing her sentence.

"You kissed Kate?"

•••

[It hadn't even been two weeks and my principal and homeroom/science teacher quit. *Pats self on back*]
[Trashvis apologized... After calling us 'slow' and saying he didn't like us. I don't know how to feel.]
[Marlene King and Shay said there'd be an Emison moment in the finale... It feels unreal.]