Ch. 41

F O R T Y - O N E

*Unedited*

May 22, 2015

General POV

Emily sat on her window sill, holding her phone close to her ear.

She had been trying to reach Alison since she had gotten home that night. It was now past midnight and Alison still hadn't answered any of her calls.

Emily waited patiently and on the fourth ring it went to voice mail.

"Hey, you've reached Alison. Either I'm busy or I'm avoiding you. You know what to do..." 

That was probably the thousandth time Emily had heard that in the past two hours, but she didn't care. She needed Alison to answer.

"Alison," Emily started. "I'm so sorry for the way I reacted, I'm so so sorry. Please, call me back. I promise I'll-" Emily was cut off when the machine stopped recording.

She sighed and redialed Alison phone number once more. And on the fourth ring it went to voice mail.

"Hey, you've reached Alison. Either I'm busy or I'm avoiding you. You know what to do..." 

She left another message similar to the other, once again the machine cut her off.

Emily threw her phone at the floor as hot tears started to stream down her cheeks.

She picked up the framed picture of her and Alison, looking at how happy the two were that day.

The day Emily had asked Alison to be her girlfriend.

*Flashback*

"How did you do that?" Emily asked while Alison giggled at her failed attempt at tying the cherry stem with her tongue.

"Here let me help you." Alison scooted closer to Emily and handed her another cherry stem. "Put it in your mouth." Emily did as she was told and popped the cherry stem into her mouth.

"Now what?" Emily asked.

Alison smiled and pressed her lips to Emily's, and stuck her tongue in Emily's mouth. They were like that for about five minutes, and Emily hadn't realized what Alison was doing until she pulled away.

"Did we get it?" Alison asked, Emily nodded.

"Thanks for the help, babe."

"You're welcome, babe." Emily blushed a little bit, it had been the first time they called each other babe. "Don't be shy, babe." Alison ran her fingers through Emily's hair. "I like the sound of that."

"There's something I've been meaning to ask you," Emily started.

"What's that, babe?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Emily asked shyly.

"Hmmm, I'll think about it..." Alison teased and took a sip from her milkshake. Emily laughed when she saw Alison looking at her from the corner of her eyes.

She then pulled Alison in for a kiss that was full of love. "Done thinking, and my answer is yes." Alison pulled Emily in for another sweet kiss.