College And... Camping?

C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N

*Unedited*

January 10, 2015

General POV

"Em, I feel like you've been... MIA the past three weeks."  Alison mumbled into her cell phone.

She was currently up in her room, sitting criss-cross on her bed with her laptop on her lap, typing up a last minute essay for her history class. Holding her phone between her shoulder and her ear.

"I know and I'm sorry. I've just been... Really busy." Emily sighed.

"Busy with what?" Alison asked softly. "Or should I say who?"

"Are you seriously still on that?" Emily asked, getting annoyed.

"How could I not be? That girl was all over you." Alison closed her laptop, running out of ideas of what to write, barely a sentence typed up. She scooted over to the edge of her bed and hung upside down.

"Why are you so jealous all the time?" Emily whined, laughing lightly.

"Why are you so busy all the time?" Alison asked.

"It's all this college stuff." Emily huffed.

"Oh,"

"Is something wrong?" Emily asked worriedly.

"No, I just totally forgot that you're two years older than me." Alison sighed at the last part of the sentence. *Emily's 19 and Ali's 17 atm.*

"You sound... Upset." Emily said, sadly.

"Well... It's college." Alison said simply. "You're gonna be gone all the time." She pouted.

"I'm not gone yet, so can I take you out tonight?" Emily asked happily.

"It's late, and I kinda have school tomorrow." Alison said sadly.

"Late is the perfect time, and you can miss a few days... Trust me, it'll be fun." Emily said excitedly.

"...Okay, deal." Alison said, giving in. "Where're we going?" She asked, getting up from her position, and grabbing her hairbrush.

"It's a surprise! Just make sure to pack extra clothes... Oh and a sleeping bag." Emily said. "I'll pick you up in about an hour."

"I'll see you then."

"Bye, I love you." Emily said, putting on her shoes with her free hand.

"I love you too."

~~~

"Now will you tell me where we're going?" Alison asked, playing with her finger in her seat.

She was starting to get a little nervous because of the direction Emily was currently driving. But Emily didn't seem to be bothered at all by the fact that they were driving on an empty street with minimal lighting and the forest surrounding it.

"Just relax babe," Emily said, pulling into a small parking lot at a corner store. "I just need to get some things real quick, I'll be right back." She gave Alison a quick kiss then headed into the small store.

She grabbed some food for their small trip, and a pack of condoms. She quickly payed for her stuff and went back to the car, slipping the condoms into her jacket pocket.

Alison POV

"So we're... Camping?" I asked once Emily parked the car in a small clearing by a river that was lined by trees.

"Yeah, is that a problem?" Emily asked nervously, fumbling with something in her jacket pocket.

I haven't been camping since I was about eleven years old, my mom had taken Jason and one of his friends along with Hanna and I to a camp site similar to this one. I never really went camping again because camping has so many good memories associated with my mom, I don't want to replace those good memories.

Of course camping also had those bad memories. Like when Hanna threw really big stones at Eric -- Jason's friend -- He eventually chased us up into a tree, only to push us out of it. Hanna sprained her ankle and I had sprained my wrist, but Eric had left the camping trip in one piece and completely unharmed. Well, not completely, that was a lie. He had a few broken ribs from Hanna throwing stones at him.

I guess that could be associated as a good memory considering Eric got hurt. I never really liked him.

Or the time we were all sitting around the camp fire, roasting marshmallows for s'mores. I had gotten too close to the fire and my favorite jacket caught on fire. Luckily, I didn't get too hurt from that. But the fire had burned a huge hole in the sleeve and I could no longer wear my favorite jacket.

"Ali?" Emily said, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Hmm?" I hummed in response.

"Is camping okay? If not we can always go to, I don't know like, some sort of..." Emily rambled on and on about what we could do rather than camping if I wasn't okay with it.

"Em, camping sounds great." I smiled at her.

"Great," She said with a huge smile. "I'm gonna go set up the tent, you can go... Explore. Just stay close." She told me, opening the trunk of her car.

"You expect me to go exploring right now?" I asked.

I looked around, barely able to see anything because it was pitch black outside. I looked up at the sky, there was a few stars twinkling in the sky, but not very many.

"You could start the fire..." She said, starting to set up the tent.

"Em, how the hell can you see right now? I can't see anything right now it's like, pitch black out here." I tell her. "And how the hell do you start a fire?"

"Have you ever been camping?" She laughed, she stood up and wrapped her arms around me. "Because it doesn't seem like it."

"I've been camping before, it's just been a while." I said, as she kissed the top of my head.

She walked back over to the car and pulled out a duffle bag.

"Here," She said, handing me a flash light. "In case you didn't know, you have to turn it on for it to work." She teased.

"Oh, just like you."

~~~

Emily and I were walking down the river bank, hand in hand. It was almost silent, Emily and I were just enjoying each others presence. She would occasionally squeeze my hand as if to let me know she was still there.

A cool breeze blew past us, which sucked cause I wan't wearing a sweater.

"Are you cold?" Emily asked, looking down at me.

"Yeah, a little but I'll survive." I tell her.

"Here, take my jacket." She said, slipping her arms out of the sleeves.

"No, Em you don't have to."

"But I want to." She placed the jacket on my shoulders.

"But now you're cold."

"Um no, I'm actually really hot. Just ask my girlfriend." Emily said with a playful smirk.