Gauntlant and Presentation Day

Chapter 8

Gauntlet and Presentation Day

Garrick and Xaden come into the courtyard after their last class. A door banged opened and Garrick turned to see Sawyer and Violet running into the courtyard. Sawyer was holding a silver haired girl in his arms.

"Lily." Garrick said.

"Go." Xaden said. Garrick ran towards them.

"Violet." Garrick called. Violet and Sawyer turned and Garrick saw Lily was unconsious in Sawyer's arms. Garrick knew Sawyer was a good friend. "What happened?"

"She slipped from the Gauntlet and grabbed a rope. The rope swung and she hit her head on the cliff." Ridoc said, coming out from behind them.

"And she still completed the Gauntlet before she collapsed." Sawyer said. That surprised Garrick.

"Let's get her to the Healers." Garrick ordered. They headed for the Healer Quadrant.

Lily's eyes open and she found herself in the Healer's Quadrant. Her head was still pounding.

"Princess." Garrick said. Lily turned her head to see Garrick on one side of the bed and Violet on the other.

"I told you to stop calling me that." Lily grumbled. Garrick chuckled.

"I been calling you that for awhile and your now having an issue with it again?" Garrick asked. Lily smiled weakly.

"You alright?" Violet asked.

"Except it feels like someone is taking a hammer to my head. I'm alright." Lily said.

"Nolan said you'll have a gooseegg for a few days, but you'll be able to do the Gauntlet in the next two days. No concussion." Violet said.

"Least it's nothing bad." Lily whispered.

"And yet you completed it with a hurt head?" Garrick said, taking her hand and kissed it.

"I did." Lily said. Violet hugged her sister.

"I'll leave you alone. Glad your alright." Violet said. Violet left. Lily turned her head to look at Garrick.

"You scared me when I saw Sawyer carrying you into the Courtyard." Garrick said.

"I wasn't trying. Guess a raincheck on date night?" Lily asked. Garrick chuckled.

"I'm just glad your not dead. I don't know what I would do if you had died." Garrick said.

"I don't want to think like that. I'm gonna make it." Lily said with a smile. Garrick leaned over and kissed her. Lily returned it.

Gauntlet Day. Lily was bouncing as the Death roll was finished. Garrick was going to be at top with Xaden and Amber. Lily's gooseegg was still there but her head wasn't pounding as bad.

"Second and third years, unless you're on Gauntlet Duty, head to class. First-years, it's time to show us what you got." Dain calls.

"Good luck today." Imogen said. Lily squealed as Garrick wrapped his arms from behind and kissed her check.

"Travis! You should be with your squad." Dain growled.

"Riorson gave the okay to wish Sorrengail luck before I head to the top of the Gauntlet." Garrick said as Lily turned in his arms. Lily smiled up at him as Dain grumbled. "Good luck. I'll see you at the top." Garrick kissed her on the lips.

"I'm gonna be the last one to go up." Lily said.

"And your one of the best of us." Rhidoc said.

"I have to get back. I'll see you there." Garrick said, kissing her, quickly. Garrick heads back to his squad. Tzipporah comes and hugs Lily.