Ending the Battle

Chapter 32

Ending the Fight

Lily shook her head, knowing there will be a time to grieve later. They had a fight to win.

"You alright." Garrick said.

"I'll be fine. Let's win this fight." Lily said. A wyvern dives towards them. Lyssa put a wing over Lily and Garrick to protect them. Sound of teeth snapping and a sharp cry comes before Lyssa removes her wing.

'We're targets on the ground.' Lyssa growled as the wyvern flies away. Lily and Garrick look at each other.

"Then let's be the ones who hunt." Lily said. Garrick nodded. Xaden heads for them.

"Travis. Lily. Get in the air and help the others." Xaden orders. Lily looked at Violet as she stands. "I'll talk to your sister. Go." Lily didn't argue as Garrick ran towards Chadh. Lily turned to Lyssa. A menace gleam was in her dragon's eyes.

'Let's kill them.' Lily told Lyssa.

'We will, Little One.' Lyssa growled. Lily takes one look at the sky and then heads for Lyssa's leg. Lyssa launches into the air as soon as Lily sits on her back. Lily pulled her goggles down. Chradh came to the other side of Lyssa. They fly over the ruins of the burning tradepost. People were running from the city walls as wyvern circle above. A wall of shawdow shoots up.

'Xaden is giving Violet time to kill them all.' Lyssa told her, but a roar of pain shoots the air. 'Father.' Lyssa turns.

'Princess!' Garrick called.

'It's Tairn.' Lily called to him. Lyssa flew fast and Lily gasped.

"No." Lily said. Lily let her power run through her and Lyssa turning them invisible. A venin, the one that kill Soleil was on Tairn's back with a sword stabbed in between Tain's scales in the area behind his wings.

'Lyssa. Get as close at you can.' Lily told her. Tairn rolls trying to throw the venin off, but it holds fast, grabbing the embedded sword. Tairn levels out, the venin was looking at Violet.

'Three riderless ones are on his tail.' Lyssa growled.

'Move as close as you can.' Lily told her.

'You are staying on.' Lyssa told her.

'If I can make this, I'll be landing on Tairn. Trust me. I'm safe on his back if I can kill that venin. Just do it.' Lily said as Violet stood on the saddle. Lyssa growled but started moving in. Violet was already fighting the venin. A cry of pain comes as Lyssa got close. Lily looked and swore. The venin had a dagger right in Violet's side.

"Violet!" Lily screamed as she turned Lyssa and herself visible as Tairn roars. Lyssa gets to Tairn's side as Violet pulls the dagger out. Lily quickly stands up on her dragon, one of Xaden's daggers in her hands.

'Princess. Sit your ass...' Lily screamed as she jumped off Lyssa and the venin turns. Lily landed on Tairn and kicked one of the daggers out of the venins hand and plunged the dagger into the venin. It screams in pain and Lily shoved it off Tairn. Violet had falled back on the saddle. Lily hurries up to her.

"Help me." Violet said, struggling to get her straps on. A roar comes behind and Lily's head turns to see Lyssa and Chradh take out the Wyvern that were gaining on Tairn. Garrick gave her a murderous glare.

'You are the most stubburn girl I have ever met.' Garrick told her with a growl.

'Yet you still love me.' Lily told him. Lily turned to her sister and quickly helped with the straps.

"The daggers. They had... They had poison on them." Violet whispered.

"Damnit." Lily whispered.

'They're falling." Lyssa's voice came. Lily and Violet looked up to see wyvery tumble from the sky and crash to the earth. Xaden was holding back another rider. Garrick was heading towards him to help.