A Night to Themselves

Chapter 18
A Night to Themselves

They were now in December. It had been snowing and colder. Lily was still helping get the weapons out of the school without anyone else knowing. Few times they were almost caught, Lily turned herself invisible.

That night. Lily was in the sparring gym with her squad and other squads. Garrick said he might join them with Xaden later. Lily and Tzipporah were circling each other on the mat. Rhiannon and Violet were sparring together. Sawyer and Quinn were also circling each other. Dain was watching all of them. Liam was sitting on the side since Jack Barlowe was on another mat, keeping an eye on the twins.

"You seem so happy since sleeping with the Section Leader." Tzipporah said. Lily smirked at her best friend for years. Lily charged at Tzipporah and she blocked the attack. Lily grabbed Tzipporah's arm and flipped her onto the back, putting her foot to her throat.

"I am very happy. Been awhile since I smiled this much." Lily said. Lily gasped as Tzipporah grabbed her foot and made her trip. Lily grunted as she landed on her back. "So when do challenges resume?"

"Challenges resume after solsitce." Violet said at the next mat over. She was glaring at Rhiannon. "You're not doing me any favors by holding back." Violet said.

"She's not wrong." A voice says. Lily sat up on the mat as Liam stands. Xaden and Garrick were walking by the mats.

"Well aware. Go away unless you have something useful to say." Violet said. Garrick looked at Lily and smiled. Lily returned the smile.

"Move faster. You'll be less likely to die. How's that for useful?" Xaden calls as him and Garrick head to a mat in the center of the gym. Tzipporah was watching and Lily tackled her friend to the ground. Tzipporah grunted but they rolled, both trying to get the upper hand. Lily finally was on top with her arm to Tzipporah's neck.

"Girl. You keep getting distracted and you'll die." Lily smirked.

"Hey. Lily." Violet called. Lily looked up and saw Violet looking towards the center of the gym. Lily looked and her eyes widen. Xaden and Garrick both have their shirts off and were sparring. It was a blur of kicks, punches, and rippling muscles. Lily and Tzipporah stood up as Garrick went in for the kill and Xaden blocks.

"Well damn. I'm jealous of you, Lily." Tzipporah said seeing Lily with a far off look.

"And that's all mine." Lily whispered with a huge smile. Tzipporah chuckled.

'I can feel you watching me.' Garrick said through their bond as he doesn't miss a step in the attack.

'Just admiring your beauty.' Lily came back to him with a huge smile. Garrick seems to get distracted and Lily winces as Xaden gets a punch in.

"Did you just distract him?" Tzipporah asked, knowing about the bond.

"Yep. Though I wasn't even trying." Lily said. Garrick sent her a glare and Lily gave him an innocent smile.

"If you guys are this easily distracted, we're fucked for the Squad battle. You can kiss any thought of visiting the front lines goodbye." Dain growled. Lily rolled her eyes.

'You want to duel me shortly?' Garrick asked.

'And have Dain yelling at us for fighting together? I think I rather wrestle you in bed.' Lily said to him.

'Don't tempt me.' Garrick said. Lily bit her lip.

"Get back to work. We have another half an hour." Dain orders. Lily turned to Tzipporah.

"He can get that stick out of his ass. I don't know how your sister deals with him." Tzipporah said as they circled each other.

"I think he's still mad over Amber's death." Lily said as she aimed a kick for the ribs.

"She broke the Codex. Your sister being bonded to a dragon was not a mistake. You both didn't need to get attacked. Your dragons chose you." Tzipporah said.

"I know." Lily said. Tzipporah grabbed Lily's leg as she aimed another kick and Lily growled as she got flipped onto the mat and Tzipporah got Lily in a headlock. Lily tapped out and Tzipporah let her go. Lily noticed Jack was getting into an arguement with her sister as Xaden steps in. Garrick was heading over to Lily.

"Nice sparring with you, Lily." Tzipporah said as she walked away.

"Enjoyed your little show." Garrick asked with a smile on his face.

"I more enjoy it in bed, but yes." Lily said. Garrick smiled. Garrick goes to meet Xaden and Lily comes up to her sister.

That night. Lily pulled her long hair out of its braid. Lily ran a brush through her snarls. A knock comes and Garrick pops his head in.

"Want to go for a walk?" Garrick asked. Lily turned to look at him.

"Of course." Lily said, standing up. Garrick held the door open for her and Lily stepped out. Garrick held out his hand and Lily took it. Garrick led her down the halls. They passed other couples. Lily saw they were in unfamiliar halls as they were heading up. "Where we going?"

"You'll see." Garrick said. He opened a door and they stepped outside. Lily realized they were on part of the room of the college and a blanket was laid spread out on the roof. Lily smiled.

Lily and Garrick laid out on the blanket, looking at the stars. Garrick was running his fingers over her back. Lily closed her eyes at his touch.

"I see you and Tzipporah had fun with sparring." Garrick said.

"We usually do. Looks like you and Xaden had fun as well." Lily said. Garrick chuckled.

"We always do. Though you seemed to like what you saw." Garrick said, leaning over Lily. Lily smiled at him.

"Even if I distracted you for a bit." Lily said.

"Xaden noticed." Garrick said.

"I'm surprised him and Violet don't talk through the bond like we do." Lily whispered.

"I don't think your sister knows yet." Garrick said.

"I'm sure they'll figure it out." Lily said. Garrick pressed a kiss to her head.

A few hours later. Garrick and Lily laid in his bed and Lily laid on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Garrick touched her dragon relic on her arm. Lily shivered at his touch. Garrick was relaxed. The door slams open and Garrick looked up to see Xaden standing there. Xaden saw Lily laying with Garrick. Lily groaned.

"What's wrong?" Garrick asked, not moving from where he laid.

"I'm gonna loose my mind. Sgaeyl and Tairn didn't block me and Violet out during their mating and I just kissed Violet." Xaden said, pacing Garrick's room.

"You what?!" Lily said. Xaden looked at her.

"It didn't help with the emotions the two were sending us." Xaden grumbled. He looked at Lily and Garrick. "You haven't had any issues?"

"Not really." Garrick said. Xaden grumbled something about mated dragons. Garrick patted Lily's leg and Lily rolled off him as Garrick stood up. "Want to go for a walk?"

"Yeah. I need to clear my head. Mind if I steal him?" Xaden said.

"Go for it." Lily said. Garrick leaned over and kissed her. Lily returned the kiss.

"You can stay here. I'll be back soon." Garrick said. Lily saw the envious look on Xaden's face. Garrick stepped outside. Lily laid her head on the pillow and drifted off. Later Lily felt the bed sink and Lily was pulled into a warmth of a body. Lily turned in the bed and burried her face in Garrick's chest. Garrick wrapped her up in his arms and Lily drifted back to sleep.

AN: I like how this story is turning out. Excited to get more into the story. I got plans all the way to Iron Flame and maybe into book 3. Till next time.