Meeting New Faces

Chapter 25

Meeting New Faces

Lily laid in her sisters bed, staring up at the ceiling. Violet was crying. They just got back and Violet didn't want to be left alone. Lily turned her head to look at her sister. Her eyes were closed and tears streaked her face. Lily was worried for Mira as well.

'I'm outside your sister's door. We're doing a weapon run.' Garrick called to her through their bond. Lily slipped out of bed and grabbed her cloak. Lily didn't stir as she put her daggers in their holders as she slipped outside. Garrick was leaning against the wall as she silently closed the door.

"How's Violet?" Garrick asked as he took her hand and they head down the hall.

"Worried about Mira, like I am." Lily whispered. Garrick nodded.

"Xaden isn't happy they attacked." Garrick said.

"What were they after?" Lily asked, looking at Garrick as they came to the tunnel.

"Weapons." Lily turned to see Xaden and Bodhi standing there. It didn't surprise Lily. "We been slacking with the dragons refusing to fly in the weather."

"And I'm coming with?" Lily asked.

"Syrena wants to meet you yet." Xaden said.

"I'm more worried about how Cat will be like with her." Bodhi sasid.

"Cat?" LIly asked.

"An old flame of Xaden's." Bodhi said. Xaden glared at Bodhi. "Well its the truth." Xaden rolled his eyes.

"Stay with Garrick." Xaden said as they head for the flight field.

"I won't argue with that." Lily said. Garrick chuckled. They reached the Flight field to find their dragons waiting for them. Bags of weapons were already strapped on the dragons but Lily saw Xaden carried a couple more. Lily walked over to Lyssa as Xaden strapped a bag onto Lyssa.

'You sure your fine flying. We had a long one earlier.' Lily said, rubbing Lyssa's head.

'I'll be fine, Little One. You worry to much.' Lyssa said, nudging Lily with her head. Lily smiled. Chradh chuffed next to Lyssa. Lily rubbed behind Lyssa's neck where she loved being scratched. Garrick came over and rubbed Chradh head.

"Let's go." Xaden said as he climbed onto Sgaeyl. Lily climbed onto Lyssa as Garrick got on Chradh. The dragons launch into the air as soon as Bohdi got onto his dragon.

Couple hours later. They landed where they were to meet. There were Gryphons and their flyers were already there. Garrick jumped down as Lily turned on Lyssa and unstrapped the bags.

"Syrena." Xaden said, approaching two females that came towards them, keeping their distance from the dragons. Lyssa lowered her head.

'Easy.' Lily thought.

'The girl Cat. I didn't warn you before but be careful with your emotions.' Garrick warned through their bond.

'Why?' Lily asked.

'She can heighten peoples emotions.' Garrick told her. Lily bit the insides of her checks, but nodded as she handed Bodhi and Garrick the bags that were on Lyssa.

"Where's the Sorrengail girl?" One of the girls said. Lily slid off Lyssa and grabbed one of the bags.

"Easy, Cat. She's now an ally." Another girl, that Lily figured was Syrena, said. Lily, Garrick, and Bodhi brought the bags over. Lily set hers down. "You must be Lily." Lily looked at Syrena. Cat stood there, eying Lily.

"I am. You must be Syrena." Lily said.

"I hear you been a huge help." Syrena said.

"Surprised she hasn't ratted you out." Cat said. Lily glared at her.

"I'm the black sheep of the family and don't appreciate kept in the dark of the threat out there. I'll help with what I can." Lily said.

"This girl has spunk. I like her." A male said. Garrick put a hand on her shoulder. Lily looked up at him. He gave her a smile. Lily had her emotions in check.

"You attacked the outpost we were at." Xaden said.

"I didn't know you be there." Syrena said.

"It's kind of hard to bring weapons when our dragons refuse to fly in cold weather." Xaden said.

"You didn't kill anyone or ingured anyone? Lily asked, looking at them.

"Why are you asking?" Cat said.

"My eldest sister was there when we left." Lily said.

"No one was killed. There were some injured." Syrena said. Lily sighed in relief. Garrick put an arm around her waste. Xaden gave her a nod. Garrick pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Can I see your signet?" Syrena said. Lily moved away from Garrick and walked over to one of the bags. She felt her relic tingle as she touched the bag and it disappeared. "Fasinating." Lily brings it back to being visible and steps back. Flyers came forward and grab the bags. Lily and Garrick walk towards their dragons as Syrena and Cat talked to Xaden and Bodhi.

"Looks like you impressed them." Garrick said, wrapping an arm around her.

"More Syrena then Cat." Lily whispered. Garrick kissed her forehead.

"Hope to see you again, Lily." Syrena said and they turned to look at Syrena.

"We can't take her out as much to be noticed." Bodhi said.

"It's understandable." Syrena said. Cat was still glaring at her. Lily moved closer to Garrick. Lily climbed onto Lyssa.

'That went better then expected.' Lyssa said to Lyssa. Lyssa chuffed.

'Your easy to like, Little One.' Lyssa said.

It was midnight and Garrick and Lily laid in his bed, naked and sadated after some sex. Lily laid on top of Garrick. Garrick had his arms wrapped around her.

"Won't be long and we won't be able to do this." Garrick said.

"Don't ruin this moment. I'm not looking forward to it." Lily said, tightening her grip around him. Garrick chuckled. "I'm sure they'll let Violet and me go together to your post and you and Xaden to us."

"I'm sure. But how long is the question. But soon as you graduate. You'll be where I'm at." Garrick said. Lily smiled as she lifted her body up and she leaned down and kissed him. "Get some sleep, Princess. It's been a long day." Lily laid back on top of him as Garrick pulled the blanket over them and she let the beating of his heart lull her to sleep.

AN: If anyone is interested. I have another Fourth Wing story posted. It's called The General's Daughter. It's if General Melgren had a daughter. Till next time.