New Mission

Chapter 29
New Mission

Garrick and Lily were out of bed fast. Lily threw her clothes on.

"Head right to formation. They should give you time to get weapons and change." Garrick said. Lily turned to him. "If we are under attack, they'll order the older years to staff the mid-guard posts, so you shouldn't be out in formation too long." Garrick comes up to her.

"Garrick. It's to early for you..." Garrick's lips crash on hers. Lily melted into the kiss. He pulls away with his hands to her face and forehead pressed against hers.

"I need to find Xaden. Get to formation. If I have to go, I'm sure Chradh and Sgaeyl will drag me and Xaden back in a few days." Garrick said, rubbing her check. "Keep those weapons that Xaden gave you on you. Just in case. Here." He handed her a few more. Lily took them. "Go." Lily and Garrick were out the door. Garrick turned towards Xaden's room as Lily ran for the courtyard. Lily shivered as she stepped into the courtyard.

'Fuck. I should of went to grab my flight jacket.' Lily thought as she joined her squad. Violet soon joined and Lily raised an eyebrow. She was wearing Xaden's flight jacket.

"Got laid?" Lily smirked. Violet shoved her. "What is with us Sorrengail's. Me with the Section Leader and you with the Wingleader?"

"Shut up." Violet hissed. Lily chuckled. "Your hair looks like you had sex." Lily patted at it and swore.

"This had better be good, because I was finally taking my shot with that gorgeous brunette healer." Ridoc whines. Liam was still buttoning the top of his uniform.

"Good night?" Violet asked.

"Fine." Liam mutters, his checks turning pink.

"Anyone seen Dain?" Violet asked.

"All the Squad leaders are with leadership." Nadine said. Rhiannon soon joins them. Rhiannon lets out a yawn. She gives a double take at Violet as Lily rubs her arms.

"Violet Sorrengail. Are you wearing Riorson's flight jacket?" Rhiannon whispered. Liam's head snaps in Violet's direction.

"Why would you say that?" Violet asked, making Lily sort.

"Oh, I don't know. Because it's huge on you and therre are three stars right here?" Violet said.

"It could be any third years." Violet said.

"With a Fourth Wing shield on the shoulder." Lily asked.

"That does limit it a bit." Violet said.

"And a Wingleader emblem beneath those stars?" Rhiannon teases.

"Fine, it's his." Violet whispered as Commandant Panchek takes the Dais, followed by Dain's father and Wingleaders. Xaden didn't look happy. Lily didn't hear anything from Rhiannon and Violet. Dain was heading their way. Dain joins the group. Lily's eyes looked for Garrick and she saw him in his spot.

'Why is Xaden pissed?' Lily asked Garrick.

'It's war games.' Garrick grumbled. Lily closed her eyes.

'Seriously. We got pulled out of bed for that. I was comfortable.' Lily moaned.

'Yeah. Not happy about it as well.' Garrick grumbled.

"Riders Quadrant! Welcome to the last event of this year's War Games." Panchek said. A murmur rips through the formation. "The alert that was sounded is similar to what if would have been if this was a real-life-attack-to see how fast you would muster-and we will continue this exercise as if it is. Were the borders to be simultaneously attacked, and the wards faltering, you would be all called into service to reinforce the wings. Colonel Aetos, would you do us the honor of reading the scenario?" Aetos stepped forwards with the scroll in hand.