Chapter Four

I slightly covered my face and looked away as if I didn’t see him.

  “Friends?”, the man continued. “Don’t think so. Both of you seem sweet.”

  I felt a sudden blush on my cheeks, I became stiff. “Knock it off George.”, Paul asked. “Hannah and I are just friends.”

  “Oh. So happy that you are here. Let me properly introduce myself which I failed to do before.”, he looked at me. “Name’s George.”

  I smiled at him I understood though. Paul and John seemed puzzled they began attacking us with questions.

  Paul started first at George. “You knew each other?”.

  “Have you been dating?”, John added.

I almost burst out laughing luckily I was able to hold my mouth. It was just an accident when we met. It wasn’t a big deal.

  “She was the one I was talking about.”, George took a glass of whiskey the waiter just brought to our table. “Back in Gustav’s bake shop.”

  “You kidding me?.”, John chuckled.

  “Told you she was shy.”, George gulped some whiskey while staring at me. “You should’ve come and eat those rolls with me.”

  Now I could feel my face turning red. This was just too much embarrassing. Three boys discussing my encounters with the two of them, the other one finds it intriguing.  Shy?! Who do you think you are to call me that, you don’t even know me!

  “I should go.”, I moved backwards and stood up. “It’s nice to meet the two of you though.”

“No need to be ashamed, sweetie. I find it perfectly fine.”, George grinned.

  “Should I take you home?”, Paul rose up.

  “No.”, I said.

  “You can’t go right now, dear. We got to play. You should watch us.”, John put his arm on my shoulder.

  I looked at Paul. His eyes probably apologizing for what the two monkeys have acted. Perhaps Paul wanted me to stay. To see him perform.

  “How ‘bout a Chuck Berry song, will you?”, I curled my lips thinking if it was a good suggestion.

  “You just said the magic words.”, chorused John and Paul as they pulled out their guitars and made their way to the small stage. A man at the corner, holding drumsticks was waiting for them. He must be Ringo, who else would it be? I saw George with his guitar too, but he was still standing beside me.

  So I asked, “Aren’t you going to join them?”

  “Can I get a good luck kiss?”

  “What?!”

 George didn’t answer, he just smiled, carried his guitar and caught up with the boys. I was left alone at the table, I decided to sat down, not minding the awful smell of the thing John ordered. I put my elbows on the table and watched the three with their drummer, fixing the amps attached to their instruments.

  “Hullo ladies and gents.”, John tapped the tip of the microphone. “We’re about to do a Chuck Berry song ain’t we, boys?

  Paul let out a swift glint and nodded. “Aye.”, said George. He held the neck of his guitar while smiling. His eyes left the stage, meeting my own ones, causing me to stir. “Just as the pretty bird over there requested.”

   The murmuring crowd turned their heads to me. George shouldn’t have said it. With them staring and wondering who this new girl was, all of this were leaving a jumpy feeling inside me. I cleared my throat and switched my attention to the half-drunk glasses of whiskey instead.