Chapter Eleven

Not that George made his first perfect impression to my Aunt Anne, while complimenting her and the dish she made, he accidentally spilled some soup on his shirt. It was a mess however he was able to make up for what happened. He was funny in the eyes of my aunt. She didn't had to have qualms about George since they became close in the first place. And I am glad with that.

 "I think she likes you.", I reckoned as George and I were having an afternoon in a Sunday together.

 "Just as I thought.", he winked. "And I like her too. She's as nice as Mum."

 "That's good  to hear."

 "Which reminds me..", George muttered. "I'd like to take you home to see my family."

 "What?", my stammering resumed maybe because I was nervous. "But w-why? A-Are you sure?"

 George got out of the chair and went beside me. He rubbed my shoulder and said, "It's alright, darling. They're going to like you."

 I smiled and touched his face. Although honestly nervous I was, I didn't actually think that one day I would get to meet everyone in the Harrison household. Bur George asked for it.

 "There they are.", a panting Aunt Anne came with Paul. Paul thanked Aunt Anne as she left the three of us to continue her work.

 I told Paul to sit down but he shook his head and smiled, "We're  absolutely in a hurry, George."

 "Let me guess.", I said."Another round again?"

 "Better than you've imagined.", Paul pulled George away from the chair. "A recording contract, we'll have Ringo play the drums in 'Love Me Do'".

 "He does them better, ain't he?", George added.

 I screamed and ran to Paul to congratulate him. "What about me?", George cried. 

 I ignored George and asked, "Where are John and Ringo anyway?".

 "They're outside.", Paul pulled George once again and this time he relented.

 "Looks like we're not gonna be able to go to your house.", they were eager to leave, that I noticed.

 "Is it okay with you sweetie?", George went near me.

 I nodded and held him. I saw Paul exchanging glances with George, I asked them what was wrong. George tightly embraced me."I promise I'll make it up to you as soon as we get home from Hamburg."

 He needed not to say it again. I sobbed, leaving George's shoulder wet.

 "Forgive me darling.", George wiped my tears with his thumb. "I didn't mean to startle you."

 I let go of him and tried not to show how sad I was. Though I wanted to ask him a lot of questions, it would just procrastinate things.

"Er. We'll keep waiting outside. Take your time, both of you.", Paul conceded, leaving George and I alone.

I went to Paul and gave him a hug. "Thank you."

 "Don't mention it.", in return, he did the same. "You're always welcome."

 George rushed to my side, trying to enliven me with his kisses and touch. "I love you.", he said.

 "I love you too.", I replied.

 "Why don't you come with me?"

 My eyes flowed with more tears. I, In Germany with him? If only it is possible.

 He looked at me. "I understand.", he had sense what would my answer be. He kissed me one more time before going out."I love you, my angel."

 I couldn't abide to say goodbye. At the window, I looked, as he joined the group in the car, having a last glimpse of me. The car's engine started, heading to its way but I couldn't be wrong.I blinked to reassure. In the passenger's seat, I was very sure it was Cynthia with them I saw.