Chapter Twenty-Seven

[[A friendly note/reminder from the Author: This story has always been rated PG-13. Now you'll see why. Before you read this chapter, I just want to make it clear that in making this story or this part, I don't and  I never want to cause harm, humilation and distress to all the lovely people here in Wattpad. This is just a story, a fan fiction, an execution of a writer's imagination. If any of you got a violent reaction after reading this, feel free to contact me so we can avoid and fix any possible misunderstandings. But I sure hope you'll like this part. Aside from my dream to write a love scene, this brings us to the rift where we can take a peek of Hannah's personality, or how she is, when she's in love. Anyway, if you don't understand (but I sure hope you do), forget it. It's okay. I still love you. Thank you for spending a minute to read this!]]

  I couldn’t help it. That moment I agreed to go back to his place in the dark of the late night, I wasn’t rueful with my decision, for I knew I would be with him. You may say I took the chance to go out, when everyone was sleeping, and when both of George’s parents were away, George told me they’d been gone for more than a week for a vacation, lucky for us then.But before I left the house,  I put two pillows on the middle of my bed and covered them with blanket, and locked the door, so I would be free to go, with George. A ditzy thing to do, but I would not let a minute slip away without George beside me. And to be together with him, is what mattered.

  George showed me to his room. “Er. Sorry.”, he reckoned and picked up the few records which were scattered on the floor. “Forgot to fix ‘em this morning.” ,he was about to place them inside the drawer where on top lay a slightly dusty player. I noticed one of the records seemed different from the rest. It wasn’t one of them.

  “You listen to Strauss?”, I asked excitedly, all this time, I thought he just listened to Rock and Roll and Western kinds. I mean it isn’t usual for men, especially with their mod and teddy boy looks, to patronize Classical Music. In a good way, I was surprised.

  “Most of the time I do.”, George vigorously answered. “You listen to the ol’ man too?”

  “Well, I always liked Waltz. His pieces, especially.”

  “You like Waltz?”, the glistening of George’s eyes meant something. His mouth arched a grin, saying, “So you dance indeed!”

  “What? No!”, I shook my head. “Y-You know I don’t. It’s just that—“ 

  I would have done a good explanation but George caught my arm, putting the large disc on the player, it started to spin and the famous Blue Danube began to play. George took my waist. He put my arm on his shoulder, and took my other hand, giving me a smile of encouragement. I swallowed nervously, as I looked at him. This has never happened before. I once refused to dance with him, I was very shy and afraid  to. In fact, I never planned to dance with someone, or dance in public. Okay fine, I dance. Only a bit. Well I used to, whenever I listened to melodies like this back home. And I dance in my room alone. Well this, with him, it was entirely different. 

   “Duh, dun, dun, dun, dun.. Duh dun, duh dun.”

  I followed his lead. He stepped his right foot forward, and I stepped mine backward. Doing the same thing again, I watched the movement of our feet, catching up with the patterns was not that hard as I thought.

  Step, close. Step, close. Turn around. Then back to the basics. Step, close. Step and close.

  “You’re doing great..”, George gleamed, as he looked at  me.

   I smiled, looking at him slowly, blushing much. “Thank you.”, he let go for a moment so I could turn around. Our hands met again, and before we could make another turn, I accidentally stepped on his foot.