Chapter Fourteen

Night came without me even realizing. I lay down in the bed, inside my new room-- Aunt Anne decided to move me to another one. Downstairs, there I got my own things, a closet, a small table with mirror and a bed of course. Well I think it's better. At least I'm on my own and when I cry, no one would hear. No one would care.

 They told me Brian got a problems with the papers along with George. They couldn't be in the same flight back home with the others, they had to wait for two or three days, or worse, maybe a week. That was why only John, Paul and Ringo came back.

 "Guess they must be checking  how old George is now.", I remembered Paul said while we were in the cab bound to Liverpool.

 To me, it seemed like a joke. "Why? It's not their concern, is it?"

 "You see," Paul started to recall. "I don't know if George told you this but two years ago, I think, when we first went to Hamburg, he got deported, Cops found out he was a minor, performing in the club." It did make sense. "And he was just seventeen back then."

 Seventeen. And now I'm about to turn into that age soon. I tried to imagine George being two years younger than today. I tried to imagine him, in his teddy boy attire, the tuft on his hair, his pale complexion and his crooked smile. So cute.  And screw this 'cause I couldn't even tell him that. How I wished  he was here by now. 

  I kept my lampshade open although I wanted to force myself to shut my eyes and forget what I just said. The thought of him would just fade away if I would allow my mind and body to take a rest. I covered myself with blanket and closed my eyes.

 The noise outside woke me up. I rose to try to switch the lights on but the electricity was out, I made my way to the  table drawer and lit a candle and went out to see what, or who made the noise.

 I took glimpse on the grandfather clock in the living room, its hands were both fixed on the number three. For the second time I heard a bang, it was coming from the kitchen. I was about to check it out when I heard a faint voice calling my name. I turned but saw nothing.. 

  I was getting creeped out. I decided to go back to my room instead. "Damn. It's only a cat. Just a cat.", I said to myself as I sat on the bed. 

 "Just a cat?", I heard a familiar voice said.

 I almost jumped after what I heard, I turned around and by golly! George! "Uhh.", my lips were starting to shake.

 "Oh honey, did I scare you?", George crawled his way to me, holding me tight. 

 I couldn't answer, I hugged him instead. I wanted to cry because I missed him so much, I wanted to cry because he's here now. It felt like years we had been apart, my hands glided on his face, looking intohis eyes, I waited for his kiss. But there was none. A cold George was just staring at me, making me feel uncomfortable.

 George let go of me and said, "I just came to say goodbye."

 "What do you mean?", I looked at him. "Wait."

  He couldn't look straight into mine. Without a word he walked out the room. I tried to get up, I tried to stop him, but my feet couldn't move. I felt my whole body stuck. I tried to shout, but not a single voice came out. I was already crying but my sighs weren't even there. "George!!!", in my head I screamed.