Chapter Nineteen

We didn't mean to cause a dramatic entrance in the party. Thirty minutes late, according to Brian. We sat  with John and Cynthia and Ringo. I didn't see Paul there.

  John of course was always there to start. "Ey.", he said, calling our attention. "What took ye, two lovebirds so long?", He nudged Ringo's arm and grinned.

 "What is it to ya, Lennon?", George grunted.

 "Actually, we did do something first, didn't we darling?", I let out a smile.

 I heard John whistled, clapping his hands, "Blimey! That's good news! You're the man, Georgie!"

 "Stop it John!" 

  People started to stare at us, I felt sorry for getting their attention, so I said to John, "We went to George's house and I met his parents.", I looked at John and  guffawed.  "I think that's all you want to know, am I right?"

 John snorted and raised his hands. "You got me there, lassie."

 "Hahaha!.", Ringo said to John. "Busted!"

  I guess that taught him a lesson. But I intended to be funny though. A few guests along with Brian-- must be his business partners or friends, came to our table and shook hands with the boys, starting a quick chat, they were talking about how the band was going better, talking about future gigs and recording sessions--those things weren't my concern anyway,  and so Cynthia's. We figured out they wanted to discuss things by themselves, we excused ourselves and went inside the powder room.

 "By the way, Hannah, you look so fine tonight.", Cynthia remarked as she applied a layer of mascara on each of her lashes. "Told you it's better to wear no stockings at all."

 "Yes, I-I think so..", I said, although I  felt  an urge of pulling my dress down to cover my knees. "Thanks for the hint."

 "No problem.", Cynthia smiled, handing me an eye make up. "I used to have a pair of sim legs like that before."

 I shook my head to tell her I didn't want something to put on my eyes, or anywhere on my face. 

 "But now..", Cynthia stopped. The way she looked at me meant something. I never asked, but I had my ears, waiting for what she would say. 

 "..Well John and I are expecting!!"

 "That's good news!", perhaps I could tell, she got plump, that I noticed. "Is it a boy? Or a girl?"

 "It's only two or three months, Hannah.", Cynthia giggled. "But Johnny wants a boy.."

 When we left the boudoir and went back to the table, we saw Paul was now there, with some girl, maybe she was his date but she didn't sit with us there, Cynthia and I said hi as we sat down. So there were six of us, which made Ringo being  left out, with no woman by his side. 

 "I'm goin' dancing!", he barked, after John teased him.

 "But we haven't eaten yet!", John replied, cackling.

 Ringo went on his way, with a few acquaintances, he danced with the fast and loud beat of a Rock and Roll song in the background. 

 A man in a white suit approached us, asking us what we wanted for dinner.

 "Hey mister, bring out the best one you've got.", I heard John requested,knowing that Brian would be the one paying all our orders. "And and old bottle of wine too."

 The man nodded, writing down what John said. 

 "Oh, and ice-cold water, if you may.", John added. "We got non-alcohol drinkers 'ere.", he said, turning to me. My, he must have remembered how I drank George's tipple by accident and feeling sorry for drinking it.