Chapter 4: Treasure Room

EM

I quickly disabled the tripwire traps rigged along the one-block wide passageway. I grabbed some of the string and arrows in the traps as well. I would never know when I would need it after all.

Proceeding down the short flight of cobble stairs, I saw a gleam of light, from alighted redstone torch. That's strange... I decided to dash down there, grab the items in the treasure room and get out as fast as possible.

I sprinted through the doorway. I could now see that the room was lined with those redstone torches, casting an eerie red glow on the room. I opened the chest and found a few pieces of junk, but there was also a few pieces of iron, and finally, 3 diamonds. The diamonds were weird. They were named "Herobrine Gems"...

Just as I closed the chest, I heard footsteps coming down the corridor. I got my iron sword out as the footsteps grew louder. Finally, the dark silhouette of another human sprinted into the room. But it was not really human either. It ran faster than lightning. I had a hard time keeping track of it.

I made the first move and lunged at the thing. As it slowed down to counter my attack, I could see the features of this person more clearly. Hs had curly brown hair and he was wearing a typical teen's hoodie with a matching pair of jeans. But I just couldn't get my eyes off something.

His eyes. Instead of the normal, the brown or ocean blue that is common in Minecraftia, they were empty, lifeless and completely white. They had no pupils in them. And they were burning with a hatred that I had only seen in the most hostile of monsters...