Chapter 34: Night

EM

"At least we have armour and weapons," I said, more to comfort myself than anything.

I drew my new sword which I had gotten from the chest in Aly's treehouse. It was better than nothing. The moans of zombies came nearer and nearer, finding their way through the thick of the forest towards us.

The first of the monsters, a skeleton, appeared on the edge of the clearing. It shot an arrow, and it barely missed my arm, thudding onto the ground behind me.

Tommy charged towards it and sliced it in half with his sword. But more mobs were appearing around the clearing.

I rushed into the battle as well, brandishing my sword and slashing at all the mobs that had gathered around me, distracting them from Tommy.

I chopped up monster after monster, smashing my way through the mobs, trying to get to Tommy. It was instinctive now, cutting and slashing at any approaching mobs.

Tommy, on the other hand, was having a hard time. There were more monsters around him. I got nearer and punched a group of zombies. They turned around, and I lured them away from Tommy.

I was definitely better at melee combat. I had training, but Tommy did not. He fought on his own instinct. He was not going to do well in this battle. The number of mobs was just impossible.