Chapter 15: Treehouse

EM

I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. I was no longer lying on the muddy ground of the jungle or surrounded by monsters. Instead, I was on a bed. The room was lit with the glow of torches.

I slowly got up. A stab of pain in my leg stopped me. I glabced down and saw my swollen ankle bandaged in layers of plaster. Looks like I'm stuck in bed for a while. But who's bed?

"You're finally awake."

A girl wearing a cute creeper hoodie strolled into the room, her hands in her pockets. "Who are you? Where am I?" I asked her.

"I'm Aly. And this is my treehouse. Don't worry, you are safe from monsters in here." she answered and pointed to a chest at the foot of my bed. "Your stuff are inside that chest."

"Wow, thanks, Aly!" I said and glanced out of the window to see where we were. It was still in the jungle, but somewhere about 200 blocks from where we were, I saw the crystal clean jungle water change into the muddy one of swamp biomes.

Aly went out and came back with a few cooked fish. "Here, have some, you must be hungry." She offers the fish to me and I accept them immediately. As I gobbled up the freshly roasted salmon, we talked about some things like our family. That was when I found out she had a brother called Tommy.