Chapter 21: Commander

TOMMY

Grim trotted through the hords of monsters. I raised my metal hand and they charged forward. I saw Em and some girl, probably the owner of the treehouse, climbing down the rickety ladder towards me. Em's foot was wrapped in layers of bandages. It was nice knowing that I wasn't the only one hurt in that battle.

They stopped halfway down the ladder, glancing around and analyzing their situation.

"Surrender and I will only kill Em. But if you do not, everything you have will be in ruins. Even your body," I threatened, addressing the girl.

The two of them continued to climb down the ladder. Their swords were in their hands. I ordered the skeletons to fire arrows at them. Most of the arrows struck the woody barj of the tree, but one scraped Em's arm and she yelped in pain. Blood trickled out and fell to the ground under her.

Aly reached the bottom and was slashing her sword wildly, killing some of my forces. I commanded the zombies to attack. She sliced at the zombies and slowly made them back off. But she would not be able tk hold like that for long.

I summoned all the remaining nearby monsters that had yet to join the battle. Then, I made the creepers blast the treehouse into pieces.

Em reached the bottom and turned to me. Recognition and fear flashed through her eyes, but they went as quickly as they came. I urged Grim forward, brandishing my blade like a lance, rammjng towards her heart. But she parried my blow and continued to attempt to stop the creepers.

I needed to stop her. And fast.