Chapter 36: Injured

EM

Tommy was surrounded by monsters, being trampled and smashed by zombies. I rushed into the mob, adrenaline coursing through my veins. I slashed at anything that got into my path. The sun was rising soon. The first glimmers of sunlight were appearing over the horizon.

Finally, as the sunlight set the zombies on fire, I knelt down next to Tommy. He was unconscious, his clothes matted with dried blood. His sword was nowhere near us. Probably some zombie that had managed to pick it up.

His arm had a deep gash. It would probably ruin his only normal arm left it I did not save him in time. "Tommy! No! Don't die!" I screamed. Then, I noticed his chest rising and falling with his shallow breathing.

"Tommy, wake up!" I shook him voilently. His eyelids flickered open. "Wha-" he murmured, his eyes struggling to focus. "Ow..."

I tore some fabric off my clothes and pressed it down on his wound. He gasped in agony but didn't jerk away. I slowly pushed him along the muddy soil, grtting him to the lake to wash his wound.

At last, it was midmorning by the time I had him half-submerged in the lake. I pushed him into a sitting position and splashed some water gently onto his wound, washing the dried blood on his arm into the water.

As the blood came off, his wound was exposed and I saw that it was not as serious as I had thought. We might be able to find something to make a bandage out of.