Chapter 14: Cyborg

TOMMY

The portal materialised in front of me. I used my legs to push myself forward, my useless arm dragging behind me. I inched my way to the portal and crawled through it, landing in a heap of the rough netherrack on the other side.

Medics, who were probably already waiting there for quite some time, immediately rushed to me and placed me on a stretcher.

I was brought to the potions lab and laid down on the table.

"Hold still," one medic said as he lifted a bottle of blood-red potion and poured it into my mouth. The potion tasted like red-hot lava and it scorched my mouth. But nothing happened, and the red-hot pain in my arm was still there.

I screamed in pain as the medics attemted to pour some blue liquid onto my arm.

"It's not working. We'll have to do it the other way." The medic grabbed a stringe full of dark purple liquid and jammed the tip into my arm. I felt the liquid seep slowly into my veins, then everything went black.

When I woke up, the pain in my arm was gone. I looked down. Under the sleeve of my hoodie, I saw the glint of iron and wiring laced together.

I rolled my sleeve up carefully and the horror struck me, hard.

They had replaced my arm with a cyborg one.

I curled my fingers. The robotic metal parts were stiff, but I would get used to it. Now, I just need to practice with my blade for a while, and everything would be back to normal.