Chapter 13: Attacked

EM

Why didn't I kill him? I could have ended this. I am not made to kill..
I quickly grabbed my items and left the cave, ignoring the calls of zombies that were getting nearer. I would have to find another shelter and tend to my wounds. Blood was still flowing out of the cut on my chest and staining my shirt. I would have to deal with it later, though.

I walked towards the north this time. I had barely gone more than a hundred blocks when I was attacked.

The first arrow flew just past my head, barely missing. It struck the tree next to me. I drew my sword and backed up against the tree. At least nothing could attack me from behind. I scanned my surroundings and saw mobs approaching in a circle, giving me no gaps to escape from.

It was too organised to be a random monster attack. I counted more than 50 different mobs, even creepers. No one had ever survived such an attack with so many mobs. I was doomed.

I lashed out at the nearest zombie, and within seconds, it was dead. But there were too many of them advancing on me. I brandished my sword and killed several of them.

Then, I heard a hissing sound on my right. I turned quickly, but I had nowhere to run to. The creeper wasn't just an ordinary one. It was a super-charged creeper. The explosion of the creeper rocked the ground below me and sent me sprawling onto the ground.

Then, everything went black...