Chapter 47: Final Duel

EM

We crept up to the wooden doors. "You ready? Let's end this once and for all," Tommy whispered over to me. I nodded. There was no going back now.

Slowly, Tommy pushed open the large wooden door on the right. The door opened inward with a creak. There were no more guards at the room. The only thing there was Herobrine.

"Well, escaped, haven't you, little scoundrels," Herobrine drawled as he watched us enter the room. Slowly, he stood up. The white-hot rage in his eyes was unmistakable, despite his even and cool tone.

"I won't let you get away!" I screamed and charged at him blindly, swinging my sword and bringing it down onto his head. However, a diamond sword appeared in his hands and blocked my blow.

Tommy charged into battle as well, slashing at Herobrine. It was two against one, but the odds were stacked up against us.

We worked together like before, doing everything to distract Herobrine while the other person tried to deliver a surprise blow. But he seemed to know what to expect, where to parry, where to attack. He sliced at us quicker than the eye could follow, and I was nearly hit by the razor-sharp edge of his sword a few times.

Next to me, I felt Tommy tiring. "Tommy, you can do it," I called and slashed at Herobrine' s skull again. He parried easily. I held my sword steady, getting ready for a final blow.

Herobrine took the chance to strike a blow toward my chest, but I parried it and lunged toward his head.